The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson named Rookie of the Month for October

-Vintage Canuck-

7 goals.  7.  Completely embarrassed 2 skaters (strome and matheson) and many more along the way.  He didn't edge out the competition he absolutely eclipsed it.  

what surprises me most about EP is his shot, I didn't realize he could rip it that hard and accurate, I figured he was more of an elite passer (not saying he isn't - but didn't know he also had that shot in his toolbox).

Keep it up EP

18 minutes ago, The Sedge said:

7 goals.  7.  Completely embarrassed 2 skaters (strome and matheson) and many more along the way.  He didn't edge out the competition he absolutely eclipsed it.  

what surprises me most about EP is his shot, I didn't realize he could rip it that hard and accurate, I figured he was more of an elite passer (not saying he isn't - but didn't know he also had that shot in his toolbox).

Keep it up EP

I guess the amazing thing about it is that his shot has been seen lots of times at the Swedish Elite League and the World Junior Championships.

56 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Way to go Pistol Pete. More to come and perhaps a Calder in the near future. Our golden boy is growing up so fast!

He even had a Vancouver shirt back in the day, it was destiny.

1C4D4F68-FF88-4718-B5E4-720B1022ED2D.jpeg

Destiny to be a Canuck!

Kind of feels like one of the Canucks rookies has been voted best quite a bit over the last 2 years, with Boeser last year. Unfortunately, Brock's injury affected him not winning the Calder last year. This year Elias looks to be the best rookie. He sure doesn't play like a rookie. So, where's Dahlin in this conversation?  4 points (1 goal) in 12 games. What a bum lol, jk 

It's interesting looking at the stats of the rookies to far. I remember last year Barzal was right on Boeser's tail albeit Boeser was like 5th after the first month if I recall (or sooner than that. I forget) and then moved up to 1st? I wonder if there will be someone doing the same with Pettersson.

Archived