The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson named Rookie of the Month for October

-Vintage Canuck-

46 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kind of feels like one of the Canucks rookies has been voted best quite a bit over the last 2 years, with Boeser last year. Unfortunately, Brock's injury affected him not winning the Calder last year. This year Elias looks to be the best rookie. He sure doesn't play like a rookie. So, where's Dahlin in this conversation?  4 points (1 goal) in 12 games. What a bum lol, jk 

3 of the past 7 ROTM have been Canucks, and that number will be keep growing, hopefully even next year with QH43

They were playing an interview of Guddy's on the radio today. He was saying that EP excites the whole team and does some move's that you only see in NHL19. hahaha!

But the coolest thing he said, hands down, about our awesome alien was something like .."He's a better kid in the room than on the ice"

I mean, what praise for a teammate never mind a rookie and one that is destined to be a superstar at that.

It sure is an exciting time to be a fan, we finally have some legit hope for the future.

Cograts on the Rookie of Month EP .....and Thank you. 

Awesome comments by Guddy, thanks bishop

I've noticed that Goldy and Pettersson seem to bonding, becoming good friends off the ice, and you see them chatting on the bench all the time. Goldobin seemed to struggle last game,. Elias set him up a couple of times and he couldn't get the shot off or whatever. It's like Pettersson is saying (without saying), "play with me and I'll get you points". He was making great plays all night, but his team mates couldn't finish lol

I would really love to see Goldobin take another step and form a dynamic scoring duo with Pettersson.

3 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Way to go Pistol Pete. More to come and perhaps a Calder in the near future. Our golden boy is growing up so fast!

He even had a Vancouver shirt back in the day, it was destiny.

1C4D4F68-FF88-4718-B5E4-720B1022ED2D.jpeg

Already had the look of a genius.

And already scoring on the Leafs - on his birthday cake - as a young Canuck to be.

Have to think there's a telepathic Sedinery connection there with the 22 signal.....

Nico will be a star he will be a solid 25 too 40 goal scorer in years to come. Nolan well sorry Philly you got a stinker. The two top centers people drooled over are meh. People starred at petey size and passed off the buck. Now this is bold claim but I think we have the next NHL generational elite like Crosby vs/or Ovechkin but this time it's Elias Petterson or Connor McDavid who owns the NHL.

4 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Way to go Pistol Pete. More to come and perhaps a Calder in the near future. Our golden boy is growing up so fast!

He even had a Vancouver shirt back in the day, it was destiny.

1C4D4F68-FF88-4718-B5E4-720B1022ED2D.jpeg

To think, if things hadn't worked out in hockey he could've always revived the Bay City Rollers.

(What an awesome kid)

14 minutes ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

Nico will be a star he will be a solid 25 too 40 goal scorer in years to come. Nolan well sorry Philly you got a stinker. The two top centers people drooled over are meh. People starred at petey size and passed off the buck. Now this is bold claim but I think we have the next NHL generational elite like Crosby vs/or Ovechkin but this time it's Elias Petterson or Connor McDavid who owns the NHL.

Love Pettersson, but I don't agree regarding Patrick - and think sandbagging him is premature.

It may turn out to be debatable whether he's going to be the 2nd best player in that draft....but.....a "stinker"?

13 goals and 30 pts as a 19 yr old NHLer.

And this year:

39.7% ozone starts,  52% corsi,

4 pts in 9 games.

62.6% faceoffs - as a 20 yr old (and over 50% as a 19yr old rookie).

I wouldn't be selling low and prematurely on him.

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Love Pettersson, but I don't agree regarding Patrick - and think sandbagging him is premature.

It may turn out to be debatable whether he's going to be the 2nd best player in that draft....but.....a "stinker"?

13 goals and 30 pts as a 19 yr old NHLer.

And this year:

39.7% ozone starts,  52% corsi,

4 pts in 9 games.

62.6% faceoffs - as a 20 yr old (and over 50% as a 19yr old rookie).

I wouldn't be selling low and prematurely on him.

He is good just not 2nd overall good. Its like Manning vs Luck.  

3 minutes ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

He is good just not 2nd overall good. Its like Manning vs Luck.  

I dunno - I wouldn't be so quick to assume he wasn't worthy of a top 2-3 spot.

Even at this point he is 2nd in his draft class in scoring - and he hasn't exactly been playing sheltered minutes.

Aside from Pettersson I'm not sure there are any candidates to make him look like a 'bad' pick - particularly at this early juncture,

28 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I dunno - I wouldn't be so quick to assume he wasn't worthy of a top 2-3 spot.

Even at this point he is 2nd in his draft class in scoring - and he hasn't exactly been playing sheltered minutes.

Aside from Pettersson I'm not sure there are any candidates to make him look like a 'bad' pick - particularly at this early juncture,

Pettersson
Middlestat
Hischier
Patrick
Heiskanin

His interviews are almost surreal.

He has the depth of voice - and the disposition in some ways - of a 30 yr old.

But then the dangly body of a teenager - is in fact a teenager lol  - which does not stop him from attackng the game like a beast.   Some of his puck hounding is top notch aggressive, limited only by his size and strength at this point.  A few instances recently where he launches himself into a puck carrier - without a lot of impact - but that could very well change with time.

The NHL should  be very concerned that this guy has another handful of years of growth - because the very real prospect is that he actually continues to get that much better.

Archived