The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evander Evander Evander - Not Again

MikeBossy

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/evander-kane-responds-lawsuit-claims-lawyer/

Earlier this week a report surfaced that San Jose Sharks winger Evander Kane was being sued by a woman who claims he promised to pay her $3 million to have an abortion.

The woman, who used the alias Jane Doe to protect her identity, claims she started dating Kane in 2015 and that this incident occurred in May of 2018.

On Thursday Kane’s lawyer, Paul Cambria, issued the following statement obtained by Sportsnet:

“We’ve received notice of the filing of a lawsuit by someone referred to as Jane Doe alleging a breach of contract against Evander Kane. We firmly believe that this lawsuit is baseless both factually and legally. We will aggressively defend this claim in court on Evander’s behalf and assert all applicable counterclaims.”

This past May, Kane signed a seven-year, $49 million extension with the Sharks.

Now again this is unproven but me thinks he brings this upon himself by the poor choices he has made in the past :( I honestly think the kid is incredibly talented and that this lawsuit is bogus but man Karma realy is a B%tch 

I wouldn't say the lawsuit is bogus, he has clearly got an arrangement of sorts with this woman and she wouldn't have filed unless there was grounds here to get something out of it. They both appear irresponsible here and you can't keep doing this and paying it away. I don't think a a lot of people truly get the temptation and influence the " good life ( money, fame, women, partying, etc ) has on players.

Guys/gals, since when are we determining guilt before any trial?

This is a slippery slope. Accusations do not necessarily reflect truth, as there are plenty of examples where a lawsuit was used to extort money.  Of course, there are many accusations that did turn out to be true. We need the court system to sort out the chaff and the wheat.

17 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Guys/gals, since when are we determining guilt before any trial?

This is a slippery slope. Accusations do not necessarily reflect truth, as there are plenty of examples where a lawsuit was used to extort money.  Of course, there are many accusations that did turn out to be true. We need the court system to sort out the chaff and the wheat.

This is the correct response. I'm not a fan of Kane in the least but trial by internet isn't a good idea since they get it wrong a lot of the time.

• MikeBossy changed the title to Evander Evander Evander - Not Again

Archived