The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 02, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

9 hours ago, Stelar said:

I love the Sedins but I honestly don’t think this would be happening if they were here. They would be top line and first PP. They needed to leave in order for this group to take the next steps. 

Hank was on the radio, it sounds like they aren’t looking back.  I honestly wouldn’t want to throw off the team chemistry being made. 

Green has a new team and its forming an identity. The twins can play with these guys in a pick up game for charity. That would be awesome. 

9 hours ago, smokes said:

Give Pettersson the rest of the year and he will exceed Horvat in all areas. Keep the A's for the next two seasons when Pettersson is 21 and we will see who the heart of the team will be.

They play different roles. Currently Bo is the most key guy on the team, especially since Beagle and Sutter are out. Woo takes a defensive zone draw otherwise?  

Bo is the workhorse, he will get in and do the heavy work.  EP40 is not the same type of player, think Kane vs Toews.  We need both equally.  

20 hours ago, JoshuaGuy said:

You make me want to rewatch the game and focus on his play. Maybe I just will. 

Edit: Damnit still on 48 hour blackout. 

I recommend not reading the GDT as you watch the game lol - it tends to give the impression that Pouliot is a useless sieve who commits prolific turnovers (CDC always needs a whipping boy, and whether it's Sutter, Gudbranson, Edler, Sbisa, or now Pouliot - it's often way off base).

It's true he makes a mistake or two - but last game he undressed a number of guys defensively - some really crafty plays - and he made some really good first passes - one that I wish had been noticed and put in the highlight reel as he threw a bank pass from the left corner of his own zone, cross ice, off the boards in the neutral zone and onto the stick - and a short, rebound, retrieval and shot later it was in the back of the net.    I think Pouliot has subtly been driving play more than a lot of people seem to realize.

17 hours ago, mikeyman109 said:

It is disrespectful garbage

your perpsective is disrespectful garbage towards the coaching staff that makes these decisions. 

they've performed as well as Horvat - they've earned the right to assess their room and their leadership group - and you're disrespecting them with garbage.

20 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

They play different roles. Currently Bo is the most key guy on the team, especially since Beagle and Sutter are out. Woo takes a defensive zone draw otherwise?  

Bo is the workhorse, he will get in and do the heavy work.  EP40 is not the same type of player, think Kane vs Toews.  We need both equally.  

Agree we need both but I think the Bo = Toews and EP = Kane comparison undersells EP. He is and definitely will be a much more complete player than Kane and his drive reminds me of Peter Forsberg while Kane is an elite finesse player and scorer and nothing wrong with that of course but he's not the complete package.

Having said that, as someone pointed out I think EP might be better served with an A and that Bo's personality might make him more suitable for the C, especially with the media where he always keeps a straight face no matter what. It's not a big deal though, great teams need many leaders.

SHL Playoffs  13 Games  10 Goals 19 Points. 

Canucks 9 Games 9 Goals 15 Points.  

When Pettersson was drafted he hadn’t discovered his elite slap shot.  Pettersson reached franchise level when he discovered that.  He reached Generaltional level during the SHL playoffs and he hasn’t looked back.  If he stays healthy he will distinguish himself as the best all round talent in the game.  He might not score points like McDavid, he doesn’t have McDavid’s speed but Pettersson has a level of vision and creativity McDavid doesn’t possess.  The combination of his offensive and defensive game is unique in the league.   He won every trophy last year in the SHL, and if there had been a trophy like the Selke in the SHL he would have won that too.   He will separate himself as arguable the best (all round) talent in the NHL by Christmas.   Bold prediction

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

SHL Playoffs  13 Games  10 Goals 19 Points. 

Canucks 9 Games 9 Goals 15 Points.  

When Pettersson was drafted he hadn’t discovered his elite slap shot.  Pettersson reached franchise level when he discovered that.  He reached Generaltional level during the SHL playoffs and he hasn’t looked back.  If he stays healthy he will distinguish himself as the best all round talent in the game.  He might not score the most points that McDavid, he doesn’t have McDavid’s speed but Pettersson has a level of vision and creativity McDavid doesn’t possess.  The combination of his offensive and defensive game is unique in the league.   He won every trophy last year in the SHL, and if there had been a trophy like the Selke in the SHL he would have won that too.   He will separate himself as arguable the best (all round) talent in the NHL by Christmas.   Bold prediction

I agree.  He's already a top five center in the league.  My only worry is that EP starts smoking darts, like your bunny avatar.  :o

On 11/3/2018 at 6:14 AM, SergioMomesso said:

So they rated his scoring ability a 3/5 at imageproxy.php?img=&key=bb5d22b764914745the draft? Hhhmmmm averaging a goal per game so far may have bumped up his rating to a 5.

36C9DF87-40A7-4F6D-9653-95FD02786983.png

It wasn't all that off base at the time. His shot was no where near as strong in his draft year as it is today. It's always been deadly accurate, but during his year in the SHL he added a lot of weight to his shot.

1 hour ago, J-P said:

Agree we need both but I think the Bo = Toews and EP = Kane comparison undersells EP. He is and definitely will be a much more complete player than Kane and his drive reminds me of Peter Forsberg while Kane is an elite finesse player and scorer and nothing wrong with that of course but he's not the complete package.

Having said that, as someone pointed out I think EP might be better served with an A and that Bo's personality might make him more suitable for the C, especially with the media where he always keeps a straight face no matter what. It's not a big deal though, great teams need many leaders.

If EP can transcend Kane then we are fine moving forward. Horvat is really established as a solid two way do everything center. Good things are happening on the Canucks.  

On 11/5/2018 at 10:24 AM, Hutton Wink said:

Looks like Tanev may be back in?  Beiga's effectiveness streak may have been nearing an end anyway.

I think Biega's impact is probably highly under-rated.

Imo he was simply outstanding.

He had a 60.3% corsi (56.5% ozone starts).

He had 2 points in 5 games.

13 hits.

And he played with MDZ a fair amount - who struggled quite a bit, at least until the past game or two.

Pretty solid results with Biega in the lineup - and at the same time, a great performance overall by Gudbranson, Stecher, Pouliot and Hutton imo.

Archived