The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could The Playoffs Be Possible and Is That A Good Thing Right Now?

TheGuardian_

The rate they've been suffering injuries at makes the topic almost a moot point, the early success is highly unlikely to be sustained. I expect they will still pick in the top 10 next summer, but I've been highly impressed by the intestinal fortitude of this young group (and coach) and I think it bodes very well for the not so distant future. Heady times approaching for Canucks fans again

2 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

The rate they've been suffering injuries at makes the topic almost a moot point, the early success is highly unlikely to be sustained. I expect they will still pick in the top 10 next summer, but I've been highly impressed by the intestinal fortitude of this young group (and coach) and I think it bodes very well for the not so distant future. Heady times approaching for Canucks fans again

Yea of little faith. 

4 hours ago, EdgarM said:

No matter what kind of adversity is presented(hot goalie,injuries,refs), it does not excuse them for UNDERPERFORMING and their numbers indicate that. Of the 8 goals you indicated, they scored 2 of those. They provided 25% of the scoring even though they were on the #1 line and on the #1 PP. They only scored 1 PP goal by the way and they had 32 chances in the 7 games.

You are right in that they were not the only ones that contributed to that series loss but they were part of it and should shoulder SOME of that responsibility and should not be EXEMPT like so many are indicating.

I don’t disagree

4 hours ago, EdgarM said:

No matter what kind of adversity is presented(hot goalie,injuries,refs), it does not excuse them for UNDERPERFORMING and their numbers indicate that. Of the 8 goals you indicated, they scored 2 of those. They provided 25% of the scoring even though they were on the #1 line and on the #1 PP. They only scored 1 PP goal by the way and they had 32 chances in the 7 games.

You are right in that they were not the only ones that contributed to that series loss but they were part of it and should shoulder SOME of that responsibility and should not be EXEMPT like so many are indicating.

They do shoulder some blame just not ALL of it as you have suggested in most of this thread...

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

They do shoulder some blame just not ALL of it as you have suggested in most of this thread...

They should shoulder most of the blame for lack of point production on their own part for that series and certainly had nothing to do with Lou's 8-1 blowout. I didn't even want them to be heroes in that series just produce what they normally do, especially on the PP, when they almost scored at will as they were that good at that time.

Archived