The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matt Calvert - the guy that gooned Boeser

Ray_Cathode

16 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I watch hockey almost every night.  I have a good idea of what is going on.  U used Crosby as an example.  Imo he is the best player in the game right now hands down.  Sure he gets hit hacked and slashed but he is also a diving whiny baby at times.

so is Mac David who has no cred yet to even justify whining 

so since we don’t have a player like that at all on our team, your comparison means nothing.

OK, apparently as you are the judge of all things I guess you are right.    I doubt given your vast knowledge you would learn but go and check, say, the Avs board from the last game and see how much they complained about dirty plays and even the "non-penalty crappy call" that led to the OT PP for the Canucks.   I doubt ANY Canuck fan could see that slash on EP40 in OT as anything but a penalty and even a penalty shot yet AV fans were astonished such a hustle backcheck resulted in a phantom call.   Same goes for borderline hits, slashes and so on.   

Anyway, as you have spoken as the judge I guess that seals it.  

17 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Also as a fan of this team for over thirty years I could care less what other fans think.  The media does a good enough job at dragging us and the team through the mid.

Nothing worse than bring dragged through the mid.   Not as bad as the lower or the upper but bad enough.

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

OK, apparently as you are the judge of all things I guess you are right.    I doubt given your vast knowledge you would learn but go and check, say, the Avs board from the last game and see how much they complained about dirty plays and even the "non-penalty crappy call" that led to the OT PP for the Canucks.   I doubt ANY Canuck fan could see that slash on EP40 in OT as anything but a penalty and even a penalty shot yet AV fans were astonished such a hustle backcheck resulted in a phantom call.   Same goes for borderline hits, slashes and so on.   

What’s your example of the equivalent to the cross check on Boeser?

or should I just accept your view based on what you claim an avs fan said online?

and were they ok with the weak call on horvat when landeskog went down like folding chair.?

Just now, riffraff said:

What’s your example of the equivalent to the cross check on Boeser?

or should I just accept your view based on what you claim an avs fan said online?

Grab the feed, watch the game and see if you can find a few examples.   It would be educational for you.   You don't want to check another board but perhaps you won't mind re-watching a game the Canucks won.   Watch near beginning of second period when, for but one example, Poulliot cross-checks Kerfoot against the boards - while Kerfoot peeled off the Avs fans were screaming for a call.   At the bench Kerfoot was wincing after the shift even though they scored on the shift.  It is one of MANY similar plays back and forth on both teams as in any typical game.

31 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

If I didn't know any better I'd have thought you were talking about yourself!

Can always count on some to be rude and condescending to anyone who thinks differently. 

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

How do you you know there was no response?   You see all angles of the rink at all times?  You know that?   

The best "cheap" shots in hockey go unnoticed.  Some players, like Crosby, are masters at getting a slash, hack or cross-check in unnoticed and then get a retaliation penalty.   

This "theme" that the Canuck players don't give out as much as they take is lame and inaccurate.   Go to another team's "Board" during a Canuck game and you get all sorts of complaints happening against Canuck players and how the reffing is biased etc. etc.   Nature of a fanbase.   Don't let it become a reality though - as it is not.   

Seriously I rewatched the game last night and saw Virtanen skating around hard giving the odd cross check to the other teams stars.

All Kulvert did was say it’s open season on his players. 

Of course I am biased as a Canuck fan and don't really care what's fair or how many cheap shots Canuck players got away with during the game, but I didn''t like the cross-check on Boeser one bit and Calvert also cross-checked EP from behind while EP was up in the air jumping for the puck (probably not that hard but still a dangerous play).

I'm not out for blood or anything, but since Boeser's coming back from a serious back injury and EP's just been concussed I think Guddy, Roussel, Schaeller etc. should have responded by going after the Avs top line hard and sending a message.

31 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

If I didn't know any better I'd have thought you were talking about yourself!

Can always count on some to be rude and condescending to anyone who thinks differently. 

As always,  you don't read the lead up posts but that's ok.    Predictability is a good thing!   :)

25 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Seriously I rewatched the game last night and saw Virtanen skating around hard giving the odd cross check to the other teams stars.

All Kulvert did was say it’s open season on his players. 

Exactly.   If you were an AVs fan you saw Virtanen, Poulliot and Guddy providing lumber to backs of AVs and you were "outraged".   Canuck fans were "outraged" someone would do that to Boeser.   EVERY game is the same.   Never have understood how people can only see a game from one perspective - it is like watching without colour.  You can be a fan of one team but see the entire game and appreciate all the plays.    It is like stereo versus mono.

47 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Jordan Nolan was a full on piece of $&!# several times against Vancouver and other teams. Seems was also a pussy here...

Never liked the guy, total dirtbag. Not sure how he even made the NHL to be honest.

5 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Grab the feed, watch the game and see if you can find a few examples.   It would be educational for you.   You don't want to check another board but perhaps you won't mind re-watching a game the Canucks won.   Watch near beginning of second period when, for but one example, Poulliot cross-checks Kerfoot against the boards - while Kerfoot peeled off the Avs fans were screaming for a call.   At the bench Kerfoot was wincing after the shift even though they scored on the shift.  It is one of MANY similar plays back and forth on both teams as in any typical game.

So you’re comparing that to a direct cross check to the expose lower back kidney area when Boeser is not in possession of the puck.  And I know you’re experienced enough to know that all players would be aware of brocks injury from last year......

sorry rob I really think you’re comparisons are a stretch.

and anyway I’m not sure you’re argument anyway.  I never said Canucks aren’t capable of dishing out crosschecks and the like.  My point is and has been since ep was injured:  that there has been no pushback response from the team after players have been cheapshotted and injured to the point of missing games.  You’re creating an argument that I’m not even angling towards.

i already addressed that there have been players on this roster that have embarrassed me at times with their decisions.

i didn’t play cheap.  I don’t play cheap and I’ve never respected anyone who continually plays that way.

manning and Calvert are repeat cheap shot artists.....you’re comparing players like GudBranson and virtanen to these players.....really?

at least I mentioned legitimate players from Canuck history that are worthy of criticism.

9 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

So when Burrows was with Canucks and speared players, like this below, and didn't get a penalty you were all up in arms too?   When Guddy cross-checks people it upsets you and you want the league to "do something"?

You were happy Guddy got called for this hit that could have ended a career?   Worse than hit on EP40 don't you think?

Hey, looking at the Guddy clip, he got a penalty - a five minute major.  And he deserved it.  There should have been supplemental discipline every time Burrows speared somebody.  He deserved that.  But then so did every SOB that cross checked the Sedins, and the two are related.  But what is also significant is the careful selectivity of the NHL in its enforcement on the ice and in the unforgiving light of considered discipline, or should I say, the  deliberate  application of selective justice.

12 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

So when Burrows was with Canucks and speared players, like this below, and didn't get a penalty you were all up in arms too?   When Guddy cross-checks people it upsets you and you want the league to "do something"?

You were happy Guddy got called for this hit that could have ended a career?   Worse than hit on EP40 don't you think?

Guddy should have a flipping medal for nailing that scum to the boards...

Archived