The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another One Of Kavanaugh's Accusers Admits To Lying About Rape

SabreFan1

This is why you don't automatically believe accusers no matter what feminists continue to spout.  People lie for all kinds of reasons.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/3/another-kavanaugh-accuser-admits-fabricating-rape-/

One of Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh’s accusers admitted this week that she made up her lurid tale of a backseat car rape, saying it “was a tactic” to try to derail the judge’s confirmation to the Supreme Court.

Sen. Chuck Grassley, chairman of the Judiciary Committee revealed the fraud in a letter to the FBI and Justice Department Friday, asking them to prosecute Judy Munro-Leighton for lying to and obstructing Congress.

Mr. Grassley said Ms. Munro-Leighton is a left-wing activist who hijacked another “Jane Doe” anonymous report about a backseat rape and claimed it as her own story, calling it a “vicious assault.”

“I am Jane Doe from Oceanside CA — Kavanaugh raped me,” Ms. Munro-Leighton wrote in an Oct. 3 email claiming to have been a victim of the judge.

Mr. Grassley’s investigators tried to reach her for a month but were unsuccessful until this week, when they spoke to her by phone and she confessed that she was not the original Jane Doe, and “did that as a way to grab attention.”

She admitted to the false allegation, and said she has actually never met Justice Kavanaugh.  “I was angry, and I sent it out,” she told investigators.

“In short, during the committee’s time-sensitive investigation of allegations against Judge Kavanaugh, Ms. Munro-Leighton submitted a fabricated allegation, which diverted committee resources,” Mr. Grassley wrote. “When questioned by Committee investigators she admitted it was false, a ‘ploy,’ and a ‘tactic.’ She was opposed to Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation.”

President Trump seized on the report Saturday, calling her “a vicious accuser.”

“What about the others? Where are the Dems on this?” he demanded via Twitter.

Mr. Grassley has previously asked the FBI to probe Julie Swetnick and her lawyer, anti-Trump crusader Michael Avenatti, for lying to Congress and obstructing. Ms. Swetnick had originally claimed to have been the victim of gang rapes involving Justice Kavanaugh during high school parties, saying she saw him and a friend spike punch to leave girls unable to resist. She later changed her story to say she saw Justice Kavanaugh and his friend near a punch bowl, and could not identify them as having actually been part of any rape.

None of the witnesses she told NBC could corroborate her story were able to do so.

Indeed, NBC found one woman who despite a sworn statement backing up Ms. Swetnick, told the network Mr. Avenatti was twisting her words.

Justice Kavanaugh’s confirmation process was delayed while the committee investigated a number of sexual assault and harassment claims, none of which have been corroborated by any public evidence to date.

He vehemently denied all of the claims.  He was confirmed, though only one Democrat joined with all but one Republican in backing him.

More Links:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/02/brett-kavanaugh-accuser-referred-fbi-doj-investigation/1863210002/

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kavanaugh-accuser-admits-she-fabricated-184414094.html

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/414693-senate-panel-asks-doj-to-investigate-fabricated-allegation-against-kavanaugh

https://www.newsweek.com/judiciary-committee-refers-fabricated-kavanaugh-sex-assault-claim-fbi-1200158

10 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Shocking.

Not really.  People are becoming more and more ridiculously tribal when it comes to politics. 

People lie for all kinds of reasons.  It just goes to show that "innocent until proven guilty" needs to be taken seriously no matter what kind of popular hysteria is en vogue in the world. Especially when it comes to politics and radical feminism.

10 minutes ago, gerry35 said:

It was obvious that all these allegations were nothing but a smear job and had no truth to them. 

You can't say all without investigating each one.  You have to take each situation as it comes.  So far, a few have already been shown to be false and/or referred to law enforcement for possible charges.

12 minutes ago, gerry35 said:

It was obvious that all these allegations were nothing but a smear job and had no truth to them. 

How was it obvious that ALL the allegations were false?  I agree that some certainly were, not convinced that the original accusation was untrue.  I doubt that we'll ever know, and he's now a SCJ.  It's unfortunate that partisan politics get in the way of what should be a critically important process of finding the best people for a role that should be impartial to politics.   

1 minute ago, Toews said:

Right because one woman lying means we can summarily dismiss all legitimate victims of sexual assault. 

She's the fourth one so far.  But yes, he shouldn't have said "all".  They need to be taken on a case by case basis.

It is interesting that immediately following Kavanaugh's swearing in Dr Ford's attorney stated there were no further plans to pursue the allegations.

The whole thing smelt like a smear job right from the get-go. Obviously this doesn't disprove every allegation, but without any real corroborative evidence, presumption of innocence takes precedence. And of course the FBI investigation that was eventually greenlit didn't turn up anything.

Can't wait to get into a thinly veiled partisan argument over this.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

She's the fourth one so far.  But yes, he shouldn't have said "all".  They need to be taken on a case by case basis.

As far as I remember Deborah Ramirez and Dr. Ford were the credible accusations. As far as I know the FBI also only looked into those two incidents. I would hope they would release a report to the public regarding their investigation. I don't think false accusations discredit Dr. Ford nor Ms. Ramirez.

2 minutes ago, Toews said:

As far as I remember Deborah Ramirez and Dr. Ford were the credible accusations. As far as I know the FBI also only looked into those two incidents. I would hope they would release a report to the public regarding their investigation. I don't think false accusations discredit Dr. Ford nor Ms. Ramirez.

I don't think it discredits either as well.  Also, the FBI investigation into it was barely that.  Even had it been a proper investigation though, too much time had passed to really prove anything.  It would have come down to the same thing in the end.  He said vs. she said.

15 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It is interesting that immediately following Kavanaugh's swearing in Dr Ford's attorney stated there were no further plans to pursue the allegations.

The whole thing smelt like a smear job right from the get-go. Obviously this doesn't disprove every allegation, but without any real corroborative evidence, presumption of innocence takes precedence. And of course the FBI investigation that was eventually greenlit didn't turn up anything.

Can't wait to get into a thinly veiled partisan argument over this.

From what I read, the FBI investigation was limited.  Hard to do a comprehensive investigation if you're handcuffed from the get go.

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The whole thing smelt like a smear job right from the get-go. Obviously this doesn't disprove every allegation, but without any real corroborative evidence, presumption of innocence takes precedence. 

Unless you can meet the legal burden of proof there is absolutely no point going through the justice system. All her lawyers are saying is that they will not be pursuing any legal action until any new evidence comes to light.

Your "interesting" statement is rather mundane and does not in any way support your assertion that this was a "smear job right from the get-go".

Just now, BPA said:

From what I read, the FBI investigation was limited.  Hard to do a comprehensive investigation if you're handcuffed from the get go.

It was never their jurisdiction to begin with, and Kav had previously cleared six FBI background checks to begin with.

Incidentally, the whole situation could have been a lot less messy had Senator Feinstein made the initial allegations public immediately instead of waiting 6 weeks until the midterms were right around the corner before releasing them.

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

Your "interesting" statement is rather mundane and does not in any way support your assertion that this was a "smear job right from the get-go".

I said it "smelt like a smear job right from the get go", which is to say that it "felt" like a smear job to me. Not a statement of fact, but a statement of belief, based on the timing of the allegations, the complete lack or corroborative evidence, the holes in Ford's testimony, and the other accusations being far less than credible, yet still being treated as such by various media outlets/political pundits/etc etc etc...

How did I know you immediately jump on me and anybody else who doubted the accusations? :lol: 

Archived