The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another One Of Kavanaugh's Accusers Admits To Lying About Rape

SabreFan1

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

4 so far have been referred to the FBI.  I only caught the story after the third one was exposed.  I missed the first two which is unusual because I'm a news junky.

So 4 are liars? They should do time. That hurts the efficacy of legitimate accusations. 

19 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

This lady and whomever else involved in perpetrating the lie should be charged to the fullest extent

Hahahaha. You have to be kidding. Charged for lying? If you are going to charge somebody for lying, how about starting with Donald Trump, who has lied literally thousands of documented times in the past two years? Of all the behaviours he has normalized in his presidency, lying has become the new normal. Or is there a different standard for old, white men in positions of power?

11 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

4 so far have been referred to the FBI.  I only caught the story after the third one was exposed.  I missed the first two which is unusual because I'm a news junky.

This is what I'm confused about. I also read that 4 claimants are, or have been investigated, but the title of the thread suggests that four accusers have admitted to lying. It looks to me that maybe 2 have done so, but it's kind of difficult to figure out.

Maybe you could clarify?

10 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Hahahaha. You have to be kidding. Charged for lying? If you are going to charge somebody for lying, how about starting with Donald Trump, who has lied literally thousands of documented times in the past two years? Of all the behaviours he has normalized in his presidency, lying has become the new normal. Or is there a different standard for old, white men in positions of power?

You are taking tax payers money to be used on resources for an investigation.  Yea trumps lying and I don't think anyone should deny that but how many hundreds of thousands of tax payers dollars got wasted because of people who do false accusations like this?

34 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

It's a congressional investigation. The FBI was also involved. Of course it is a criminal offense and anybody willingly and knowingly involved in this should also be charged. Plus, you could also argue for defamation charges as it undoubtedly and irreversibly damaged Kavanaugh's reputation

44 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Seems like Trump hatred projection towards something not related to the President. These women lying hurt those women who were truthful in their sexual assault allegations and that is far more  serious than ones dislike for the president.

16 minutes ago, Russ said:

You are taking tax payers money to be used on resources for an investigation.  Yea trumps lying and I don't think anyone should deny that but how many hundreds of thousands of tax payers dollars got wasted because of people who do false accusations like this?

Isn't that Trump's shtick though? Make false accusations and then waste tax payer dollars defending said false accusations.

From accusing his political opponent of voter fraud, accusing his predecessor of wiretapping, accusing illegal immigrants as being "rapists", taking a humanitarian crisis (caravan) and basically calling them all terrorists. Devoting resources towards voter fraud investigations and sending reinforcements to the border. 

I wonder what the long term effects of Trump's presidency will be. When the man sitting at the highest levels of office is unaccountable for all his crimes and misdemeanors, is it any surprise that the citizens have begun to imitate their vile and corrupt leader?

8 minutes ago, 406in604 said:

Seems like Trump hatred projection towards something not related to the President. These women lying hurt those women who were truthful in their sexual assault allegations and that is far more  serious than ones dislike for the president.

Making false accusations for political gain has been very rewarding for Trump. I predict we will be seeing a lot more of this in the future, monkey see monkey do.

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

But, but Trump... 

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This is what I'm confused about. I also read that 4 claimants are, or have been investigated, but the title of the thread suggests that four accusers have admitted to lying. It looks to me that maybe 2 have done so, but it's kind of difficult to figure out.

Maybe you could clarify?

I'll see what I can find on the first two.  I only got wind of the story after the third one was busted then decided to post about it on CDC after the fourth one since Drumpf ended up tweeting about it which forced a few of the larger news agencies to cover the story which you like to able to link to since there are people who try and discredit a story if they don't like what it's reporting unless it comes from multiple large sources.

Lost in all this politicization is the fact that these lying pieces of crap make it harder for real victims of rape/sexual assault to come forward and be believed.   All these pieces of crap have done through their rabid political movement has created a more hostile environment for women and likely will allow many guilty of such horrible crimes from getting away with it due to lack of victims coming forward or lack of victims appearing to be credible.

Like the "racism" card, all too easily played in today's world and it does such a disservice to when actual crimes of hate or sex occur that they get swept under with all the false claims.

People who lie about such should face the same sentencing as those who are convicted of such.   All I can think about are some poor women (and even men) who are less likely today to come forward about their abuse now that even more doubt will be cast by society upon them.   

3 hours ago, Toews said:

Making false accusations for political gain has been very rewarding for Trump. I predict we will be seeing a lot more of this in the future, monkey see monkey do.

What does any of this have to do with Trump? Were these lying women looking for political gain? Again, women who lie and claim that they were assaulted need to be charged to ensure women with legitimate claims are not pushed to the side. Trump is irrelevant.

13 minutes ago, 406in604 said:

What does any of this have to do with Trump? Were these lying women looking for political gain? Again, women who lie and claim that they were assaulted need to be charged to ensure women with legitimate claims are not pushed to the side. Trump is irrelevant.

Totally agree.  I would expect there are politically minded people behind these women coming forward.  These women who lied about the rapes are going to cash in, if they haven't been paid already.  Hopefully, the FBI will untangle the web of deceit, and support.  

38 minutes ago, 406in604 said:

Well we disagree about Trump's relevance. The words and actions of a leader have a profound effect on the populace. When you reward moral turpitude by putting it in the highest level of your government, it only serves to send the worst message to your populace.

Trump has shown a consistent pattern of falsely accusing his opponent for the purpose of political gain. It has worked for him so why wouldn't others be motivated to go the same way.

It wasn’t really a false accusation.  She admitted to taking credit for an accusation that wasn’t hers.  Pretty big difference.  Also there hasn’t been others admitting to false claims, the number 4 came from trump.  There has begun investigations into two other accuser.  Again a big difference.

i believe in innocent until proven guilty and these accusations could have set a terrible precedent to be leveraged by authoritarian governments in the future, BUT it didn’t.  You should encourage women to come forward with the stories of assault but it it is up to the public to not politicize or make important decisions based on them.

30 minutes ago, Toews said:

Well we disagree about Trump's relevance. The words and actions of a leader have a profound effect on the populace. When you reward moral turpitude by putting it in the highest level of your government, it only serves to send the worst message to your populace.

Trump has shown a consistent pattern of falsely accusing his opponent for the purpose of political gain. It has worked for him so why wouldn't others be motivated to go the same way.

Well is the fraud crime rate growing in Canada? Is the crime rate in general growing in Canada as Canadians see the PM himself can break rules and laws and not be held accountable.

Both parties in this country are riddled with scandals, break the law and lie while they govern yet I don't see people making excuses because they see our PM or our governments breaking the law. 

So as usual it's yet another attempt to make everything about Trump. The guy makes blunders almost daily I don't think a woman making up a fake story about rape is because of Trump.

18 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well is the fraud crime rate growing in Canada? Is the crime rate in general growing in Canada as Canadians see the PM himself can break rules and laws and not be held accountable.

Both parties in this country are riddled with scandals, break the law and lie while they govern yet I don't see people making excuses because they see our PM or our governments breaking the law. 

So as usual it's yet another attempt to make everything about Trump. The guy makes blunders almost daily I don't think a woman making up a fake story about rape is because of Trump.

He says, as he brings Trudeau into the conversation....:huh:

Archived