The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another One Of Kavanaugh's Accusers Admits To Lying About Rape

SabreFan1

43 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Ford was the one who started it, but it was obviously a smear campaign that was used against Kavanaugh and Trump.

Someone said earlier that because there is no proof of his innocents(despite the lack of evidence of his guilt) he is neither innocent nor guilty due to lack of evidence. That is so unbelievably unfair and twisted. Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

If you were watching the case and saying, “Oh he’s guilty for sure”. You are part of the problem. If you shared an article condemning this man... you are part of the problem. If you sit here defending what happened as the norm......

you are definitely part of the problem.

Innocent

until

proven

guilty

All cases against this man were here-say and without any solid evidence

Obvious to those who want to see it that way. I don't believe there was anything obvious about it at all.

As far as innocent until proven guilty, you're late to the party here, so you don't know what my opinion is and predictably, have gotten it wrong. I'll spell it out for you:

I have conceded from day one that there was no evidence to prove Kavanagh's guilt and there was unlikely to be any forthcoming. I was disappointed to see that a proper investigation wasn't made, but again, I concede that it was highly unlikely to prove BK's guilt.

That being said, I also believe that Kavanagh's performance in front of the committee should have been more than enough to disqualify him from being appointed to the Supreme Court. From the snide answers to reasonable questions, to lying about his past drinking and partying and promoting a conspiracy straight out of Alex Jones country that the Clintons were trying to sabotage his appointment for "revenge", Kavanagh showed me that he was unfit to serve as a SCOTUS judge.

In addition, I'm convinced that his combative performance was for an audience of one: Donald Trump. That tells me that he is more interested in pleasing the president than he is in jurisprudence.

Again, an easy disqualifier for anyone with an ounce of integrity.

On 11/7/2018 at 9:50 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Obvious to those who want to see it that way. I don't believe there was anything obvious about it at all.

As far as innocent until proven guilty, you're late to the party here, so you don't know what my opinion is and predictably, have gotten it wrong. I'll spell it out for you:

I have conceded from day one that there was no evidence to prove Kavanagh's guilt and there was unlikely to be any forthcoming. I was disappointed to see that a proper investigation wasn't made, but again, I concede that it was highly unlikely to prove BK's guilt.

That being said, I also believe that Kavanagh's performance in front of the committee should have been more than enough to disqualify him from being appointed to the Supreme Court. From the snide answers to reasonable questions, to lying about his past drinking and partying and promoting a conspiracy straight out of Alex Jones country that the Clintons were trying to sabotage his appointment for "revenge", Kavanagh showed me that he was unfit to serve as a SCOTUS judge.

In addition, I'm convinced that his combative performance was for an audience of one: Donald Trump. That tells me that he is more interested in pleasing the president than he is in jurisprudence.

Again, an easy disqualifier for anyone with an ounce of integrity.

All I got from that is a bunch of anecdotal/opinions. 

They lied - That is fact
https://www.gofundme.com/help-christine-blasey-ford - She made over 600,000 for doing this. - Motive to attack him. - That is a fact.

You just don't like his responses, but put yourself in his shoes... I would be annoyed too and not want to be respectful. Why should he be respectful when he's getting drug through the muddy waters that is media/social media. You don't know the guy. You know him in one high stress, possibly embarrassing, and anxiety inducing moment where his ENTIRE LIFE is hanging on the lies of a couple women who, for "apparently no reason"(Money), decided to defame Kavanaugh.

You are judging the character of a man who has obviously put in the educational work, and personal time to get where he is today, and you question my integrity? Laughable.

12 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

All I got from that is a bunch of anecdotal/opinions. 

They lied - That is fact
https://www.gofundme.com/help-christine-blasey-ford - She made over 600,000 for doing this. - Motive to attack him. - That is a fact.

You just don't like his responses, but put yourself in his shoes... I would be annoyed too and not want to be respectful. Why should he be respectful when he's getting drug through the muddy waters that is media/social media. You don't know the guy. You know him in one high stress, possibly embarrassing, and anxiety inducing moment where his ENTIRE LIFE is hanging on the lies of a couple women who, for "apparently no reason"(Money), decided to defame Kavanaugh.

You are judging the character of a man who has obviously put in the educational work, and personal time to get where he is today, and you question my integrity? Laughable.

Yeah, Ford totally did it for the money :rolleyes::

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/christine-blasey-ford-has-a-security-detail-because-she-still-receives-threats/ar-BBPwl4e?li=AAggFp4

More than a month after testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Christine Blasey Ford is still getting death threats.

Ford told the committee that then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh had sexually assaulted her when the two were in high school in the 1980s. Now, her lawyers said in a statement to NPR on Thursday, “Justice Kavanaugh ascended to the Supreme Court, but the threats to Dr. Ford continue.”

Because of the abuse she’s receiving, Ford has had to move four times. She can’t go to work as a professor at Palo Alto University, and it’s unclear when she’ll be able to return, according to NPR. She needs a private security detail.

As far as Kavanagh goes, he's supposed to take the high road. That's what you expect from someone who's being considered for a job on the highest court in the land. Not petulance anger and partisanship.

If you need an example as to how to properly comport oneself when being the subject of attempted character assassination, look no further than the conduct of Robert Mueller. Trump and his cronies have been attacking him and his credibility for months, but he hasn't answered back angrily. He hasn't publicly questioned anyone else's integrity and he hasn't given a self-serving interview to a news organization that shows blatant partisanship to the Republican party.

Archived