The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kings fire head coach John Stevens; Willie Desjardins named interim head coach

No one's really talking about this but I kind of feel bad for John Stevens. It was apparent when the LA Kings org didn't want other teams talking to Stevens that he was the heir apparent to Sutter's job. 

I would imagine the Kings organization promised Stevens a lot or things and it's sad he was let go in, I assume, a job that not only was promised to him but also promised a lot more stability than this. 

3 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Here's hoping WD does well. It would be nice to shut the negative ninjas and trolls up !

Agreed, seemed like a good coach but he had nothing to work with here.  It was an accomplishment getting that team into the playoffs his first year.

21 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Agreed, seemed like a good coach but he had nothing to work with here.  It was an accomplishment getting that team into the playoffs his first year.

he was a terrible coach. anyone with a basic understanding of hockey knows this,   i cant wait to see the line changes and player deployment he does with LA this is going to be so good

4 minutes ago, burrardstreetbullies said:

he was a terrible coach. anyone with a basic understanding of hockey knows this,   i cant wait to see the line changes and player deployment he does with LA this is going to be so good

Is this hire by Blake an indication the Kings are tanking for Jack Hughes?  

Archived