The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US Midterms Tuesday

DonLever

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Millennials are now the largest voting group in the US, they surpassed the baby boomers this year. I hope they realize the power they have and use it.

The problem will be the difference in priorities.  The millennials are also aren't as wealthy as the boomers.   

How many young'uns care about estate taxes, corporate tax rates, pension plan, medicare, etc?  Boring subjects to most, but very relevant to the people who hold most of the money.  

To have a bunch of 18-30 year olds making financial choices about stuff that they really don't care about.  The same goes in reverse of course.  

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Welp, looks like the jig is up everybody. Hope all my fellow Canadians got their Beto votes in before Infowars blew the whistle on Operation Trojan Moose. ;) 

Wow. Does Alex Jones drink a bottle of bleach before he posts new content to his website?

18 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

The problem will be the difference in priorities.  The millennials are also aren't as wealthy as the boomers.   

How many young'uns care about estate taxes, corporate tax rates, pension plan, medicare, etc?  Boring subjects to most, but very relevant to the people who hold most of the money.  

To have a bunch of 18-30 year olds making financial choices about stuff that they really don't care about.  The same goes in reverse of course.  

I'm sure they care about Climate Change....

...and they should care about the increase in the national debt, thanks to the tax cut for the rich. I can't speak for Millennials, but either of those issues would motivate my 20 year old self.

55 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Wow. Does Alex Jones drink a bottle of bleach before he posts new content to his website?

Be thankful he's pretty much stuck yelling his ridiculous drivel into his own little space and is no longer able to blast it out over the major social media networks.

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Polls closed half an hour ago in Illinois and GOP Governor Rauner has already lost.

Odds are the only good news tonight for the GOP is that they will keep the Senate.  The Democrats are expected to pick up a net gain of several Gubernatorial spots and have a better than 80% chance of taking control of the House.

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Odds are the only good news tonight for the GOP is that they will keep the Senate.  The Democrats are expected to pick up a net gain of several Gubernatorial spots and have a better than 80% chance of taking control of the House.

I have never seen so many young people vote like tonight.

Usually when I go vote you see older people.

11 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I have never seen so many young people vote like tonight.

Usually when I go vote you see older people.

That's sad that young people need someone to dislike before they show up to vote.  I registered to vote as soon as I turned 18.

20 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

How much damage will that prevent?  Is one of the 2 being under adult control enough to prevent Trump from doing anything or are we still basically screwed?

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

That's sad that young people need someone to dislike before they show up to vote.  I registered to vote as soon as I turned 18.

I agree, as soon as I became eligible I have voted.

Same goes for my parents, I don’t get people that bitch but don’t vote.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

How much damage will that prevent?  Is one of the 2 being under adult control enough to prevent Trump from doing anything or are we still basically screwed?

If the Democrats grow a pair they'll stifle the rest of Trump's agenda and gridlock will return to Washington.  He'll have to go the executive order route after which the Democrats under the Houses auspices can sue him to block any order they disagree with.

The GOP will however have a flurry of bills that they will ram through Congress before the Democrats take over the House in January.

Archived