The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US Midterms Tuesday

DonLever

2 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Of course it's not a blue wave. It was never going to be. The cards are way too stacked against them first of all.

It’s the economy, it’s hard to have a wave when unemployment is lowest since 1969.

People vote with their wallets, sure immigration, health care, sexism, racism etc. is important.

9 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

That's sad that young people need someone to dislike before they show up to vote.  I registered to vote as soon as I turned 18.

It's unfortunate, but often it takes some pressing issue to motivate people to get out and vote.

Here in Victoria, the local municipality with the worst voter turnouts is the one that is reportedly happiest with its municpal leaders.

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

If the Democrats grow a pair they'll stifle the rest of Trump's agenda and gridlock will return to Washington.  He'll have to go the executive order route after which the Democrats under the Houses auspices can sue him to block any order they disagree with.

The GOP will however have a flurry of bills that they will ram through Congress before the Democrats take over the House in January.

So there's a reasonable possibility that you guys are out of the woodwork in December and Trump can spend the rest of his time playing golf until he's held accountable for his crimes against humanity?

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

It’s the economy, it’s hard to have a wave when unemployment is lowest since 1969.

People vote with their wallets, sure immigration, health care, sexism, racism etc. is important.

I was just reading an article today that stated health care has leap-frogged the economy as the #1 issue. 

10 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

As expected.  The Calgary-born mortician is coming on strong and has cut the lead down to low 5 figures.

I can’t believe that Blackburn has won in Tennessee.

Usually GOP candidates from that state are moderate, she is a hard line tea party like candidate.

Just now, King Heffy said:

So there's a reasonable possibility that you guys are out of the woodwork in December and Trump can spend the rest of his time playing golf until he's held accountable for his crimes against humanity?

Not out of the woodwork until January.  Between the day Congress goes back in session and the new Congress is seated in January, the GOP will be unrestricted in what they can push through into law.  There will likely be a decent sized storm before the calm.  After the new Congress is seated in January, the Democrats will be fighting against Trump's incoming attacks that he will inevitably be lobbing their way until the 2020 election.  Or they'll bend over a few times, like that party has a habit of doing, before they learn their lesson.

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I can’t believe that Blackburn has won in Tennessee.

Usually GOP candidates from that state are moderate, she is a hard line tea party like candidate.

That's the Trump effect in the states where he's got an active base.

20 minutes ago, DonLever said:

The Cruz / Beto race is really close with a virtual tie as the lead keep flipping.   It could go either way.   If Beto wins it will be a big upset.

My favorite part of this race was an interview with a cruz supporter

Why do you support cruz

He's a real american a real texan and a man of the land

Sir are you aware he's actually a canadian?  He's also never worked on a farm

What?

Yes, and are you also aware o'rourke is a born and bred texan?

I.....i dunno what to say about that

Really.  The interviews have been golden 

38 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

It's unfortunate, but often it takes some pressing issue to motivate people to get out and vote.

Here in Victoria, the local municipality with the worst voter turnouts is the one that is reportedly happiest with its municpal leaders.

You gotta admit - Helps does some seriously stupid $&!#. Mind boggling really.

It's too bad nobody of with character bothered to run against her.. So I basically spoiled my ballot by voting for Saul.

42 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Trump is a lot of things but this is just nonsense.

Republicans rallied around Trump, Democrats on the other hand went few different directions.

Progressives, those that opposed Pelosi, more moderate fraction etc.

Trump did a good job energizing the base last few weeks, Nancy Pelosi has to be replaced.

Archived