The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hawks fire Quennville

VanGnome

59 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Wow, didn't see this one coming. I have no idea why they would fire him. Is 3 cups and counting not enough? He wont be out of a job long. And his replacement will likely be a downgrade.

This league has short-term memory. "What have you done for me lately?"

That being said, I don't know what Q was supposed to do. The Hawks missed Crawford last season, and there's only so much you can do with 3 players (Toews, Kane, Keith).

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Dang! Imagine if both Q and AV end up competing for the Seattle job? Have to imagine Quenneville will get scooped up by a team for this season, but he could also just take a little break, collect his $6 million per, and then take that Seattle gig where he's undoubtedly have a ton of control over the on-ice product, helping to build a team from the ground up.

Sportsnet guys talking about how the Bowmans wanted to fire Coach Q going back as far as before their second Cup win, but Quenneville kept winning and they couldn't make the optics work. Still looks like a crazy move, given Q's record and reputation as one of the league's greatest coaches, but apparently Chicago management has been wanting to make this move for years, and with the Hawks' struggles this season, they finally felt they could justify it.

Never thought I'd see the day when Scotty Bowman would tarnish his reputation and legacy in order to back up his imbecile of a son.

4 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Ottawa should pick him up... he will give the players a new face and show theyre valued. 

I doubt he'd want to go to that tire fire. He's from the Windsor area so I bet Detroits head coach is looking over his shoulder for next year. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I doubt he'd want to go to that tire fire. He's from the Windsor area so I bet Detroits head coach is looking over his shoulder for next year. 

Their situation isn't much better with Holland's mismanagement.  Edmonton is my pick, which isn't good for the rest of our division.

Archived