The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hawks fire Quennville

VanGnome

10 hours ago, gurn said:

There was one who was better.       Pat Quinn

Pat Quinn is the sentimental choice but if you compare Stanley Cup rings and trips to the finals, you need to hand it to Quennville. Plus Quennville never got as much power over the roster as much as Pat Quinn did. I think AV could have come close but two losses in the finals puts him much lower from an achievement standpoint.

18 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Panarin Saad wasn't a bad idea, if Saad had actually worked out... Blackhawks cant afford the 8million+/year Panarin is going to command. 

Still...they should just had kept him...Columbus will flip him at the deadline and get a better return than Saad.  I don't think Bowman really shopped Panarin around, he settle for a guy he thought he knew...he had 2 years left on his contract, jumped the gun imo.

15 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Don't like the move.

Winnipeg should act fast here - let go of Maurice and get JQ behind that bench when the window is open.

LOL, I always wondered if Buff liked being put in front of the net against us; because his arse was big?

I imagine he'd make room in the doorway for Joel...

On 11/6/2018 at 12:59 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Thanks for the correction :).

I was a huge Steve Yzerman fan....I was at all 3 games in Van in that series...  I was in the building the the Lidstrom goal than changed the series....  That 02 Wings team is the greatest team I've ever seen play live. 

Coach Q makes 6 million this year and next. 

If a team hired him they would need to negotiate cost sharing with Hawks for rest of his contract.  Hawks would likely want the new team to cover majority of the contract. 

So a team should be ready to pay 4 mill plus for Q. 

PIT gm Rutherford is looking to make changes. His team isn't playing hard enough and he's been openly critical. 

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

If a team hired him they would need to negotiate cost sharing with Hawks for rest of his contract.  Hawks would likely want the new team to cover majority of the contract. 

PIT gm Rutherford is looking to make changes. His team isn't playing hard enough and he's been openly critical. 

Doesn't sound like he wants to change the coach though - he is criticising some of their young players.

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I'd put $5 on Q's new contract with the new team cancelling the old contract with the Hawks. No cost sharing required.

1 hour ago, mll said:

Doesn't sound like he wants to change the coach though - he is criticising some of their young players.

Ya but it's easier to change the coach rather than trade several players.   

He might try a lower level trade before making a coaching change.  

1 hour ago, Green Building said:

I'd put $5 on Q's new contract with the new team cancelling the old contract with the Hawks. No cost sharing required.

So 6 mill plus the approximately 3 mill still having to he paid for the outgoing coach for however long that contract is ? 

9 or 10 mill on coaching is a lot of money.. how many owners would be willing to sign off on that ?. 

It takes a lot of teams out of play.  Only a handful of major markets can afford that. SJS may not be in the running for that much money.

Babcock makes 6.5 mill. Q makes 2nd most with 6 mill. Average is about 3 mill. 

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya but it's easier to change the coach rather than trade several players.   

He might try a lower level trade before making a coaching change.  

Crosby, Malkin, Kessel and Letang are the only ones that were spared by his criticism and he's wondering if he needs to make a few moves.  Full article in the Sprong thread in the Trade/Signing section.  

“We have the players that can work through it,” Rutherford said. “Sometimes they can. Sometimes they can’t. I wonder if this group’s been together too long and if we need to change it up, but that’s what I’ll watch for here in the next few games.”

Archived