The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jussi Jokinen signs with EHC Kloten (Switzerland)

Apparently, it's only a one-month contract.

Google translation:

The EHC Kloten commits the Finnish striker Jussi Jokinen with immediate effect and until 5 December 2018. He pushes from the NHL to the EHC Kloten and will help the offensive in the next games to gain in punch and confidence.

The 35-year-old power wing from the NHL makes a stop at the SWISS Arena and will be available to the team of André Rötheli during the limited time. The experience of over 1000 NHL games will help to produce more power and speed on the offense. His NHL career began in 2005 with the Dallas Stars and led him through various stations in the NHL to the Vancouver Canucks.

Sports director Felix Hollenstein on the temporary commitment of Jussi Jokinen: "With Jussi Jokinen comes a top player to us, from which all our players can benefit in every training, in every game."

Jussi Jokinen arrives in Kloten next Monday and is eligible for the home game of 16 November 2018 against the Ticino Rockets. He will be in action for all November games and the first December games in the colors of EHC Kloten.

We warmly welcome Jussi to the EHC Kloten!

https://www.ehc-kloten.ch/feeds/rss/201-jokinen-bis-anfangs-dezember-beim-ehc-kloten

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm pretty shocked he wasn't able to land a job in the NHL after his stint with us. Dude was a legit top 6 for us for a while. 10 points in 14 games.

he would have been defintely a mentor for all those youngsters after the twins retired ..and it seemed he had some chemistry with the team 

I thought he played well for us last year. I wouldn't have hated him had we signed him to a vet minimum deal with the expectation he play in Utica and mentor the kids/get spot callup duty.

In hindsight, the Vanek deal wasn't all bad. Motte is an NHLer for us and Jokinen did well for the last part of the season. Could be worse.

I wish him luck with the last chapter of his hockey career.

4 hours ago, Quantum said:

In hindsight, the Vanek deal wasn't all bad. Motte is an NHLer for us and Jokinen did well for the last part of the season. Could be worse.

Don't think the Blue Jackets disliked deal either as Vanek played an important role in helping them get into the post-season that year.  One of those trades that both teams benefited.

Archived