The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Mass shooting thread

Another murder / suicide in Florida:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/10/us/royal-palm-beach-publix-shooting/index.html

Not much for details, but going by the "Man, woman and child" description, I'm going to guess an estranged husband or boyfriend decided to "get even" for being dumped, or lost a custody battle....

• 1 month later...

Something like this could have been much, much worse:

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/17/us/washington-nationals-park-shooting-saturday/index.html

Three people were injured in a shooting Saturday night outside Nationals Park in Washington, DC, sending baseball fans and players scrambling during a game, police said.

A fan outside of the stadium was one of three people wounded, according to Ashan Benedict, executive assistant chief of police for DC's Metropolitan Police Department.

CNN journalists inside the stadium reported hearing multiple loud bangs during the bottom of the 6th inning in a game between the Washington Nationals and San Diego Padres.
Fans fled their seats and sought shelter after hearing the gunfire. Benedict said there ultimately was no threat to people inside the stadium.

On 3/27/2021 at 9:49 AM, 4petesake said:

This picture pretty much sums that up.

D1C313C5-B639-4351-B1EA-9CF4DF6B028E.jpeg

We all know the gun is really just an extension of their tiny little d*cks - I support gun ownership for those with a need for one or who hunt  as several in my family do however these toy soldiers running around with guns really need some serious mental health counselling - FML

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
13 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Something like this could have been much, much worse:

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/17/us/washington-nationals-park-shooting-saturday/index.html

Three people were injured in a shooting Saturday night outside Nationals Park in Washington, DC, sending baseball fans and players scrambling during a game, police said.

A fan outside of the stadium was one of three people wounded, according to Ashan Benedict, executive assistant chief of police for DC's Metropolitan Police Department.

CNN journalists inside the stadium reported hearing multiple loud bangs during the bottom of the 6th inning in a game between the Washington Nationals and San Diego Padres.
Fans fled their seats and sought shelter after hearing the gunfire. Benedict said there ultimately was no threat to people inside the stadium.

Happens multiple times in Chicago every weekend. What's CNN going to do without Covid?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Happens multiple times in Chicago every weekend. What's CNN going to do without Covid?

Really? That's your take? :rolleyes:

FTR, a simple google search shows this story being reported by, The NYT, Reuters, Washington Post, CBS, Sportsnet, ABC, NBC, USA Today, CBC, TSN, The Guardian, The Globe and Mail, The Vancouver Sun, and Fox News.....

• Hydration 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 11:08 PM, MikeBossy said:

We all know the gun is really just an extension of their tiny little d*cks - I support gun ownership for those with a need for one or who hunt  as several in my family do however these toy soldiers running around with guns really need some serious mental health counselling - FML

Canada has sane gun laws thankfully, we don't have to deal with that even if we have a few of those nuts up here.

• Hydration 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 11:08 PM, MikeBossy said:

Imagine being that insecure going to Subway :lol:

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Going to Subway I get. I've been scrimped on olives one too many times.....

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
19 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

That guy is a big pussy, this is how I went to Subway few weeks ago.image.jpeg.075522dfb99be8eda2327a61942b4d8c.jpeg

Edited by CBH1926
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Even real canned tuna is disgusting. 

I eat once in a while Spanish canned tuna Ortiz which is line caught yellowfin, but it’s around 5-6 bucks per small can.
Anyone that has ever cleaned whole tuna or swordfish, knows about the amount of parasites, tumors etc. that get removed.

I only eat fish like anchovies, sardines, salmon, black bass, whitefish etc.

All them big fish that live in the ocean for years are loaded with mercury.

Tilapia, chicken of the sea, shrimp from Asian ponds, tilefish etc. I would not feed to an enemy.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I eat once in a while Spanish canned tuna Ortiz which is line caught yellowfin, but it’s around 5-6 bucks per small can.
Anyone that has ever cleaned whole tuna or swordfish, knows about the amount of parasites, tumors etc. that get removed.

I only eat fish like anchovies, sardines, salmon, black bass, whitefish etc.

All them big fish that live in the ocean for years are loaded with mercury.

Tilapia, chicken of the sea, shrimp from Asian ponds, tilefish etc. I would not feed to an enemy.

I don't really like fresh tuna much either honestly. I mostly eat salmon, trout, cod and halibut. 

• Hydration 1
9 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I don't really like fresh tuna much either honestly. I mostly eat salmon, trout, cod and halibut. 

When in B.C I try to eat as much as I can and bring home smoked salmon.

Otherwise I wait for Copper river sockeye to arrive and Chinook.

Its expensive down here but I rather eat it once a month than have that farmed stuff 2-3 times per week.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
10 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

When in B.C I try to eat as much as I can and bring home smoked salmon.

Otherwise I wait for Copper river sockeye to arrive and Chinook.

Its expensive down here but I rather eat it once a month than have that farmed stuff 2-3 times per week.

I worked in a fish processing plant one summer as a teen.  Farmed salmon is gross. So many defects, infections and tumors.  I refuse to eat it at all.  I've had some serious disputes with a few sushi joints in Vancouver who served me that garbage even after I asked if it was sockeye. Was pretty funny calling out the owner of a place and his repeated lies of what type of fish it was.  

Him: It is sockeye

Me: Sockeye isn't orange

Him: Sorry it is coho

Me: Also not orange

Him: Oh I meant steelhead

Me: There is no commercial steelhead fishery. So it is farmed. 

Him: Please leave. 

Me: Gladly - down beer, eat dynamite roll and leave without paying. 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I worked in a fish processing plant one summer as a teen.  Farmed salmon is gross. So many defects, infections and tumors.  I refuse to eat it at all.  I've had some serious disputes with a few sushi joints in Vancouver who served me that garbage even after I asked if it was sockeye. Was pretty funny calling out the owner of a place and his repeated lies of what type of fish it was.  

Him: It is sockeye

Me: Sockeye isn't orange

Him: Sorry it is coho

Me: Also not orange

Him: Oh I meant steelhead

Me: There is no commercial steelhead fishery. So it is farmed. 

Him: Please leave. 

Me: Gladly - down beer, eat dynamite roll and leave without paying. 

Being in the hospitality management all my life , I can’t tell you how much I despise people that lie about the food.

Or how many times I had to tell executive chefs to stop lying about the food.

If the menu says Buffalo mozzarella, you better have it in the fridge, whole milk mozzarella is not the same thing.

Or we can’t say imported cheese if it’s from Wisconsin or pound pork tenderloin and sell it as veal.

• Hydration 2

Technically, this isn't a "mass shooting"....except in the context of being massively stupid and massively tragic.....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/florida-mom-shot-killed-by-toddler-during-work-zoom-call/ar-AANi1yC?li=AAggNb9

A toddler in Altamonte Springs, Fla., shot and killed their mother after getting a hold of an unsecured loaded gun, said local police.

The 21-year-old woman, identified as Shamaya Lynn, was engaging in a Zoom work call at the time and the other participants on the call saw the whole incident unfold.

Lynn was on the conference call Wednesday when a loud bang rang out. According to Altamonte Springs police, Lynn fell backward in her chair and a toddler stood in the background.

When Lynn never returned to the Zoom call, a participant called 911.

"Officers and paramedics did their best in rendering aid to Mrs. Lynn, but she was found with a fatal gunshot wound to the head," read the police statement. "Investigators determined that the injury was caused by a toddler who found a loaded handgun, which was left unsecured by an adult in the apartment."

While the police didn't clarify the relationship between the child and adult, NBC affiliate WESH reported that the victim was the child's mother. WESH said the gun belonged to the child's father, who also lived in the home.

The toddler who shot the gun was one of Lynn and the man's two young children, reported WESH, and neither child was hurt in the incident. Both of them are now under the care of close relatives.

An investigation is ongoing, and detectives are trying to discern if any charges will be laid against the man who owned the firearm.

"If you own a firearm, please keep it locked and secured," local police officer Roberto Ruiz Jr. said. "Incidents like this could be avoided."

Florida just keeps on Florida-ing....:picard: