The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Rangers | Nov. 12, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. I get that Pouliot played for Portland under Green, but he's the team's biggest hole on the blue line. Send him down to Utica and bring up Juolevi. Enough is enough. 

Blunt, it's starting to look like Pouliot just doesn't think the game quick enough at this level. Everything he does has a delay to it. 

5 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

Canucks mostly carried the play. Bad puck luck. Boring pace due to terrible officiating that killed any drama or momentum. 

Agree 100%. The Canucks were the better team, but they got sh** luck by hitting 2 posts. Not to mention the refs were content to ruin all flow of the game by calling a ridiculous amount of penalties. 

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

i mean Boeser but he's injured :/

I thought they said he was gonna return near the end of the road trip.. guess not

They still need another good winger. Jake could be a decent wing but he's not going to be creating other than with his strength/speed. Baertschi & Virtanen I like as complimentary wingers. Brock is a star. We just need one more great winger so we can have one on each line. 

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Totally agree. I am good with Virtanen staying on EPs line for a while but need to get a much better player than goldy to play with him.

Yeah I totally agree. I've liked Jake so far, Jake brings something different for EP. I think this team is going to need to find another great winger to take the next step (aswell as fixing the D obvs). 

if our key offensive players do not produce

the fingers on here get pointed at the lesser players

makes not much sense in my view

ep40 is getting much more closely covered

bo is forced to contribute too much energy on defensive responsibilities given injuries

i'm still amazed at those high score games recently 

particularly boston where so many supporting players contributed

at the end of the day

this team will only go as far as ep40, bo, and brock

can manage to lead

maybe next season there will be more to shoulder the load

Repost

2 men up with a minute left and playing with no urgency or plan to set up EP40...critical moments in a game that matter and they Sh$t the bed.

Other than that...the game was even and the Canucks had their chances...lots of red bar.

Archived