The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Rangers | Nov. 12, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

Without our other superstar, it's getting harder for EP to get things done.

The last few games showed that although Goldy may be the best fit with EP at the moment, he may not be the optimal choice as he makes at least one if not more gaffes per game and thereby disrupting the flow of attack.

In fact, I can't remember a game where Goldobin didn't make a horrible turnover. Puck is in the offensive zone and then bam, it's going the other way for an odd man rush.

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Repost

2 men up with a minute left and playing with no urgency or plan to set up EP40...critical moments in a game that matter and they Sh$t the bed.

Other than that...the game was even and the Canucks had their chances...lots of red bar.

Who is going to set up EP? We don't have much in the way of playmaking aside from EP. 

Waiting for Quinn Hughes and Olli Juolevi.

11 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

Rats... not getting the bounces last game or this game. Canucks now are 4-1-2 in the last 7 games, still 1st in the Pacific division.

Pettersson going through a bit of a slump and since the Colorado game has 2 points in 4 games. Held pointless last two games. Will be good to see how he battles back tomorrow against the Islanders.

I don't really consider it a slump, Pettersson is still setting people up, they just can't handle his passes. Not to mention nobody on his line can seem to find him when he's in a scoring spot. Goldobin scored a goal tonight, but that doesn't excuse his lazy penalties and absolutely abysmal passing. He needs to be burying every shot he takes if he is going to screw over his team with lazy defensive play.

3 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Playoffs were never gonna happen . Think majority of fans knew that.

really?

based on this game? or the last 10 ? or what?

you know the canucks have played the most road games

and have a winning record

they have lost the most man games to injury

and the highest percentage of cap to injury

and they have a winning record

i'm gonna wait a bit before saying they are not real

and they will not have a winning season

The bright side would be once again we had a number of posts/X-bars. That could have changed the outcome like BUF & DET too. But still the result is the result and they didn't have it when the game was on the line.

I think Pouliot just is what he is at this point. Bottom pair guy. Maybe a #5 or a #4 when he's really on his game. But he's just so inconsistent even within single shifts.

I've definitely seen enough as far as trying to make him the top OFD. Stech I don't mind but I think Hutton's got the tools to do it for now. I'd give him the keys for a bit and see how it goes.  Until Edler comes back or Juolevi possibly comes up.

I think alot of people sleep on Juolevi's offensive ability (as far as smarts more than flash). But that being said, even when he comes up I don't know if Green will give him that opportunity b/c Green never even used him on the PP in the pre-season. As you can tell by his AHL stats, and WJC's of the past, exc. being the puck distributor at the top seems to come naturally to him. I really hope Green tries it. He would know how to throw it around with Pete for sure. 

Archived