The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Rangers | Nov. 12, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

EP40 needs to have players that he can create chemistry with...LE is actually a stabilizing presence on that line...he is a smart player and EP40 needs a player that thinks the game like he does...LE and Goldy were doing well eith EP40 at the beginning of the season, but were split up to try and get Boeser going with EP40.

It's hard to create chemistry when EP40 is playing with different players...go back to what worked...in fact, EP40 and Dahlen have proven chemistry...just saying..

"It was one of those games. Thought it was a well-played game. Like I said I liked our team game, didn't create a whole lot but neither did they. One of those games where it came down to a bounce... I was hopeful. Even at the end, we get a couple looks. Just felt like we couldn't get one in tonight. Give their team credit. They didn't give us a lot tonight... We're missing 3 of our top 5 guys on the PP. It's not just your first unit it's our 2nd unit; it's a trickle-down effect. Our guys are trying. There's no secret sauce you can find and magically get PP goals. I'd like to get more PP time." - Green

Just now, burrardstreetbullies said:

and still waiting for virt to start playing like this?

Green seems to be limiting the physical aspect of the Canucks game lately. Virtanen and Gudbranson seem to be holding back on the hits lately, with Guddy having a total of zero hits today. 

1-1-2 so far on road trip.  4/8 possible points, so still pretty good road trip so far if they keep it at 500 or better. a bounce or two they may have been had even more pts. 

didn't have chance to watch this game. But our top guys not putting up many pts last couple of games. Hope they break out next gm v Islanders. 

19 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Can't wait to see the responses of the  "Pouliot played a solid game" crowd..

I've been on Pouliot being useless since he joined the Canucks and for the most part he proved it most nights.

Pouliot made a horrible idiotic line change 1st minute in the 3rd Markstrom had to make a huge pad save on the Ranger all alone because of Hutton had no time to get to him. Wasn't the first time seen him make a stupid line changes this season either guy just doesn't get it.

Everytime I point out the obvious Pouliot mistakes killing us Pouliot lovers like Old News always making the confused reaction on my posts defending him everytime ridiculous lol

Seems like Green has a love for him so strong that only an injury will get the useless clown out of the lineup and a good strong kid a chance like Sautner maybe proving himself like Hutton is.

So sick and tired of seeing his AHL ass play like he's in over his head every game makes me sick. Pretty obvious why he was discarded like trash at some point he'll be in the AHL where he belongs.

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Green seems to be limiting the physical aspect of the Canucks game lately. Virtanen and Gudbranson seem to be holding back on the hits lately, with Guddy having a total of zero hits today. 

Last year he benched Virtanen because he wasn't being physical enough.   Virtanen was talking about how he had to make more hits.  That's still what he expects.

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"It was one of those games. Thought it was a well-played game. Like I said I liked our team game, didn't create a whole lot but neither did they. One of those games where it came down to a bounce... I was hopeful. Even at the end, we get a couple looks. Just felt like we couldn't get one in tonight. Give their team credit. They didn't give us a lot tonight... We're missing 3 of our top 5 guys on the PP. It's not just your first unit it's our 2nd unit; it's a trickle-down effect. Our guys are trying. There's no secret sauce you can find and magically get PP goals. I'd like to get more PP time." - Green

Well sitting poo is a start and perhaps not starting your second pp line over your first pp line? 

never assume the refs won’t give an even up call 

Archived