The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Rangers | Nov. 12, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

the team is still competitive with 5 important players out ,replace 2 young players , goldy, pouliot  both players win or lose ARE learning pressure situations and are further along in their development than joulievi ,Dahlen who apparently isn't adjusting to the NA game at the AHL level ,so upsetting the stability that exists as precarious as it is ,doesnt make sense ,at the expense of both the canucks and the comets. upsetting the balance of 2 teams ,for 2 players that possibly aren't ready. RELAX.

18 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

WHY IS POULIOT STILL ON THE TOP PAIRING GREEN?! :angry:

Botchford actually asked Benning about it.  He answered that he can walk the line, carry the puck up ice and was productive in juniors.  Also says that he is still a young player finding his way and that they like him.

Tonight Green said they are missing 3 of their top 5 guys on the PP.   Edler is 3 to 6 weeks - Wednesday will be 3 weeks.  

23 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

Just unfortunate tonight. Goldy and Pouliot driving me nuts. Bring on the islanders! We can't use being tired as an excuse, rangers played their 3rd in 4 nights and beat us. 

Can't stand Pouliot doesn't do anything to help the team and as a matter of fact not only doesn't help it but hurts the team on a steady basis and it's been that way since day 1 and for a while now my patience has been running thin on Goldobin and now it's getting worse and worse. 

Unfortunately Goldobin simply just isn't doing enough well and even worse doing too much "not well" and taking stupid back breaking penalties has to be the final straw. This guy is getting more than enough chances time to shake it up and have him earn his spot with EP again if he wants it.

On nights like this missing so many key players, not getting any bounces and some bad reffing (phantom Granlund penalty) other missed calls just can't make errors and take stupid penalties Goldobin/Eriksson... that kill you and tonight they did.

The luck was so bad that if you watch close on the MDZ posts/crossbar shot the puck come out front of course Schaller another guy I'm getting tired of misses the rebound and not only misses that golden opportunity the Ranger hits the puck and it's going into the empty net and Schaller blocks the puck from going in accidentally of course lol unbelievable I have no idea how the guy scored so many goals last season looks like he will get maybe 2 per season.

Would love to see a few changes add some life and better play to the lineup and light a fire in some players just not doing enough to help the team.

1. Guance back in the lineup for Schaller or Archibald

2. Biega or Sautner in for Pouliot 

3. MacEwen in for Schaller, Archibald or Goldobin

Also wonder when the hell is Baer coming back  sure seems like a long time for the incident that happened we could really use him and his skill right now!

1 hour ago, VforVirtanen said:

Canucks mostly carried the play. Bad puck luck. Boring pace due to terrible officiating that killed any drama or momentum. 

Agreed that the reffing was terrible. One of the worst of the season for sure. Any Ranger play who falls over or snaps his head with a Canuck player in the area draw a penalty. 

Liked Goldy's goal but really saw his defensive liabilities and very poor decision making on display this eveving. 

51 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I wonder what a guy like Nylander would do on Petey's wing. I like Goldy but none of Peteys wingers can process a play like he can. Nobody on defence can make a damn pass. tunnel vision. 

Nylander is reportedly demanding $6M a year so unless the Leafs are happy to take Tanev and Baerstchi in return, it's not gonna work with the cap... I would throw in a 2nd pick to make them bite. Nylander is a rare talent and he'll definitely take our team's offense to another level!!

Goldobin can be so frustrating. He has loads of offensive ability, but makes such bonehead plays like ill-timed, lazy penalties and weak back check. If he doesn't translate his talent into more points while getting to play with Pettersson, he'll be in the press box as soon as some regulars return from injury.

16 minutes ago, mephnick said:

I mean..Pouliot is in his mid-20's and Pittsburgh (who isn't known for their stacked defensive core) already gave up on him. Apparently only Canucks management doesn't realize he's a total bust.

well yeah

and you could say the same thing about

justin schultz

before he joined the pens from the coilers

green knows pouliet

he knows jake

i think i'll trust his judgment

about these young prospects

At least we can forget this one quickly. We dominated, couldn't finish, then played for the loser point.

Refs were brutal. They sucked the energy from what was a great game. I guess they cater to an original 6 USA home crowd more than we ever witness at the Rog.

And what's with the Nucks, they run into a hot goalie and start getting way too fancy with passes and back door plays? Green should be pounding basic, shoot and crash the net hockey into their brains. It felt like I was watching the stale core yet again. Soft perimeter play with a hale marry pass. 

If you know you will have at least 4 penalties, make them count by crushing people. Enough soft play. For this year, I'd rather the team lose and play tough vs. soft mediocrity.   

Archived