The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Islanders | Nov. 13, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

11 hours ago, KeslerWho? said:

2 games in a row with only 5 shots on goal, late in the third. Don't understand how they can expect to win games like that 

Look at their schedule and how they have faded in the third period of recent games.  This is a tired team and it won’t get any better till December - with the cooperation of officiating.

9 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It's about being great!

Greatness takes time, struggle, obstacles overcome, lessons learned, patience. 

No superstar has ever caused their team to win every game or been immune to slumps. It's still hockey. 

Give Petey a break and hold yourself to a higher standard instead. 

5 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Agree with Auld and I'm sure most Canucks fans feel the same way.

1. Why the heck is Marky being overworked? The second of back-to-back should go to the backup. I don't care if you are Marty Brodeur or Patrick Roy, you take the second game off.

2. The road trip thing, I didn't realize but yeah, two cross country road trips in a month does sound harsh. NHL...

3. I think we are all pleasantly surprised with Virt, Hutty, and Gud. They have been spectacular. And Eriksson doing little things right but lately been doing big things right too, like getting on the score sheet.

I think injuries coupled with long road trip is taking its toll on the players. I don't expect a win in Minny.

7 minutes ago, khay said:

Agree with Auld and I'm sure most Canucks fans feel the same way.

1. Why the heck is Marky being overworked? The second of back-to-back should go to the backup. I don't care if you are Marty Brodeur or Patrick Roy, you take the second game off.

2. The road trip thing, I didn't realize but yeah, two cross country road trips in a month does sound harsh. NHL...

3. I think we are all pleasantly surprised with Virt, Hutty, and Gud. They have been spectacular. And Eriksson doing little things right but lately been doing big things right too, like getting on the score sheet.

I think injuries coupled with long road trip is taking its toll on the players. I don't expect a win in Minny.

the schedule has sucked so far. by the end of this road trip they will have 7 home games and 14 road games.

it balances out later though. 

January: 6 home vs 3 road

March: 10 home vs vs 4 road

If the can hang in there for the next few weeks and get healthy bodies back they might be able to rack up some points in the latter part of the season.

This team stinks right now, but they would be a heck of a lot better with Boeser, Baertschi, Sutter, Beagle and Edler back in the lineup. I forget what that's like. Watching Leipsic skate like the wind all over the ice, trying to do everything himself, making huge mistakes. Goldobin does the same thing. Too much pressure on Bo to put this hurtin' team on his back. Pouliot and Stecher also making frustrating mistakes. Pettersson is realizing how tough the NHL is now. He looks like he's struggling. Gaudette is playing well, for a player's first year, but geez, does he ever need a goal. Can't wait for the regular's to return, not liking this lineup.    

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

This team stinks right now, but they would be a heck of a lot better with Boeser, Baertschi, Sutter, Beagle and Edler back in the lineup. I forget what that's like. Watching Leipsic skate like the wind all over the ice, trying to do everything himself, making huge mistakes. Goldobin does the same thing. Too much pressure on Bo to put this hurtin' team on his back. Pouliot and Stecher also making frustrating mistakes. Pettersson is realizing how tough the NHL is now. He looks like he's struggling. Gaudette is playing well, for a player's first year, but geez, does he ever need a goal. Can't wait for the regular's to return, not liking this lineup.    

Speaking of Edler..

19 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

To be fair the team just played on the two worst ice surfaces in the league

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The ice surfaces in New York City are worse than Arizona and Las Vegas?

Yes MSG because they have so many things happening there and Barclays was so bad their own players complained and the NHLPA I think, they did a minimum fix to it and they have many events also.

17 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Yes MSG because they have so many things happening there and Barclays was so bad their own players complained and the NHLPA I think, they did a minimum fix to it and they have many events also.

The players were polled last season.  It's actually Florida that has the worst ice according to them.  Arizona comes in 2nd, Barclays in 3rd, Anaheim is 4th and Carolina 5th.

29 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Rangers and Islanders didn't seem to have any issues.

Well when you kick a puck in the net and it's somehow allowed, have your own player kick another in and get 1 of the luckiest goals you'll ever see, get some refs helping you out and you're playing a team that's tired and decimated by injuries that will go a long way towards not having any issues as you say.

Fans need to calm down on the doom and gloom. This team is a very good team with depth and will be fine and get back on the winning track when healthy and start getting some better rest and home games.

None of these losses take away the excitement for me as far as the rest of this season goes.

I'm looking forward to watching this team play more exciting winning hockey!

11 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Markstrom is tough to figure out. He makes some crazy saves that are for sure goals and then lets in a softy. 

I've had it with him. Markstrom is a well-below average starter and maybe an average backup. 

They were just talking about it on the radio a few minutes ago. Last year Markstrom went on a run of games toward the end of the season where he was on a "hot streak". His save percentage over that "hot streak" was .921. That's fairly average for most starters but for Markstrom that's hot. He sucks.

I just dont understand why Green wont give Bachman a game here or there. I literally dont think he could do much worse than our "starter".

Archived