The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Islanders | Nov. 13, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, Tyndall2 said:

Non existent Power Play!  Yes, we got one goal last night but we do not command the offensive zone with the point men fumbling the passes and not being able to put the puck on the net.  Give Stetcher and Hutton a try.  What do we have to lose?  And our defense is so bad.  One game one guy plays decently, the others stink.  The next game it is another guy and the rest stink.  No one can consistently put games together on the back end.  

Time to put Gub'ner in front the net instead of 0 goals Gaudette

3 hours ago, luckylager said:

Watched the game late last night.

Canucks looked like a tired team out there, especially by the third period, but who can blame them really? 

The schedule's been tough, the roster is banged up.

That kick in goal... Come on. Really? That's one of my favorite screw jobs in NHL history. Legendary stupidity from the tools in Toronto on that one. Derpity derpadoo

On to the next one. Hope the boys got to sleep in today

Those idiots in the 'war room' need to decide what they want. Do they want more scoring in the NHL? Yes...then let players kick the puck in. 

If there is a reason they don't want pucks kicked in (like the current 'clear kicking motion' states) then ENFORCE THE RULE YOU TOOLS!!!

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Those idiots in the 'war room' need to decide what they want. Do they want more scoring in the NHL? Yes...then let players kick the puck in. 

If there is a reason they don't want pucks kicked in (like the current 'clear kicking motion' states) then ENFORCE THE RULE YOU TOOLS!!!

I prefer more expletives, but yup. Sums it up nicely. Lol

Another thing to keep in mind before we start jumping off the wagon. The Canucks are the only team with 20 games played, as of last night. Not only are they injured, they are playing a lot of games injured. Pretty sure the Canucks have two 6 game road trips in the first 21 games. 14 of 21 games are on the road to start the year. It’s hard out here for a pimp.

On 11/13/2018 at 6:50 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

And the other team was what exactly? Oh right, the same &^@#ing team.

No hockey team in the history of the NHL has won all 82 games, especially when they're missing five roster players. You're not onto something, nor are you exposing this team.

Merely stealing oxygen

I think he's being a little realistic considering we've seen the Canucks start hot, get injured, and settle further down the standings plenty of times. You're response to him is a little hostile as well, lmao.

Hopefully the boys can play well against Minnesota. Petey had a great game last time against Minny, with that breakaway goal and the other one. I'm sure the kid would love to get producing again. Obviously he's playing amazing still, but the kid HATES missing chances.

2 hours ago, MattJVD said:

The Team has done well to resist their injuries so far, but it caught up to them last night. Hopefully they can get a greasy road win against the Wild tomorrow, and get Boeser back for the home game against the Canadiens.

After tomorrow, the Canucks have a massive 2 game homestand coming up! :P

But really, it seems to calm down for awhile. Come back home for 2 games, go to California for 3, back home for 5, away for 3 again, home for 5 again. I'm sure over the next little while, we'll be able to see what kind of product this team is after like 30-40 games. Hopefully some top sixers and our bottom 6 defensive forwards can come back sooner rather than later. it's jarring how much of an impact guys like Beagle and Sutter have on this team.

57 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I think he's being a little realistic considering we've seen the Canucks start hot, get injured, and settle further down the standings plenty of times.

I disagree. You're being realistic. The other poster was being negative. 

You're response to him is a little hostile as well, lmao.

I can tend to get that way sometimes. 

Hopefully the boys can play well against Minnesota. Petey had a great game last time against Minny, with that breakaway goal and the other one. I'm sure the kid would love to get producing again. Obviously he's playing amazing still, but the kid HATES missing chances.

I'm looking forward to the game. I think the Canucks will pour it on, refocused from the two games in NYC.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:02 PM, lmm said:

I found little, if anything compelling about your suggestions.

I'm fine putting Gaunce in the line up. He was very successful in a shutdown role last year. On Sutters wing. That's different than being tasked with top match ups as pivot. As wing then you have to take Leipsic or Goldy out of the line up. Leipsic played a good game, 19 minutes. Goldy can stick handle the puck, is dangerous, scores. We need that. But I would consider pulling him if he does not become a little stronger off the puck again. Or sit another pivot, Granlund or Gaudette. My observation was the coach made the right decision. They cant all play.

Whereas Gaunce was called up and played centre a few games ago. He scored in his first game. But the coach did not seem to like it after 3 games & Leipsic & Gaudette was inserted back in. And he started riding Horvat, played Pettersson more. Once as many as 24 minutes. With guys like Gretzky raving how well he's handled it. But still cut back his minutes the 2 games after. To avoid this phantom fatigue factor guys are panicking over. Gave time at pivot back to Granlund and Gaudette. But the coach still sheltered them all & gave Horvat all the draws. 

I find 5 years into his career is a fine timeline to start making a Kesler type defensive horse out of Horvat. Nor 2 years into his coaching career do I see reason to question Green. 

Archived