The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I don't like conspiracy theorists but something isn't right

Gator

Was that kicked in?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Islanders 4-2 goal was kicked in by every call that has ever gone against us in the past. At least in games I have watched. I can't find a clip of the goal so if someone can find it please post it. That is so blatantly a kick and what's worse is they reviewed it and still said good goal!

I'm team tank because I want Jack Hughes but this is a perfect example of why we have to build a super team to get our first cup. We have no shot at winning a cup unless we can beat not only the best teams, but the refs as well. *cough* 2011 finals *cough*.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the few replays they showed looked like there was no denying it was a kick. Teams should be allowed to fine refs/Bettman for bad calls happening IMO, maybe thatd stop this nonsense

A "conspiracy theorist" should be defined as someone who'd actually claim to trust(&/or serve as apologist) for a league like this. What country do they operate out of? Is there Anything honest that comes from such a place?

The term itself is a convenient "catch all" to simply marginalize those who won't recite/go along with the official narrative.

Don't worry..all you're observing is blatant, shameless dishonesty. Just keep buying overpriced ducats & merch, eh?

I strongly believe it was kicked in as well but that's where I leave it. 

If I venture into the territory to find justification for external forces at play that produced the kicking motion, as if the intent to kick was telegraphed and then executed at the precise time, due to conspiratorial forces against the Canucks, it's too deep of a rabbit hole.

I suppose it was kicked in because of the deep state trying to marginalize how Canadians are perceived on a global level. If the Canucks are scored upon by an American team, Canada isn't so appealing. Therefore reducing the amount of people who want to move to Canada when the election doesn't go their way. The fact that Justin Trudeau has attended NHL games in the past is evidence. 

Lol ... see!

Or it was kicked in and a bad call by the refs. 

Believe it ... or not! ;)

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

I strongly believe it was kicked in as well but that's where I leave it. 

If I venture into the territory to find justification for external forces at play that produced the kicking motion, as if the intent to kick was telegraphed and then executed at the precise time, due to conspiratorial forces against the Canucks, it's too deep of a rabbit hole.

I suppose it was kicked in because of the deep state trying to marginalize how Canadians are perceived on a global level. If the Canucks are scored upon by an American team, Canada isn't so appealing. Therefore reducing the amount of people who want to move to Canada when the election doesn't go their way. The fact that Justin Trudeau has attended NHL games in the past is evidence. 

Lol ... see!

Or it was kicked in and a bad call by the refs. 

Believe it ... or not! ;)

The refs didn't make the final call. The league's top brass watched it on the replay, deemed it to be a good goal, and allowed it. This is in complete opposition to how they have called Canucks' kicked in goals in the past in a verifiable pattern. Whether it is the personal bias of those who have been employed in certain positions for decades or an actual systematic bias can only be speculated about, but the track record is clear. The Canucks get treated differently in video reviews than other teams.

21 minutes ago, Shekky said:

the second angle you can clearly see his stick was no where near the puck just after he kicked it.

NYI's colour commentator explained that you can angle the skate so that it caroms in - just can't have a kicking motion.

Just now, xereau said:

Our franchise has a beloved 20 foot cast bronze statue outside our arena, eternally celebrating a moment in time that was based 100% in mocking of the NHL Referee's Union.

Think this might have something to do with it?

perhaps said statue was a result of a problem that predated it?

27 minutes ago, Xanlet said:

I'm just going to leave this here. The rule is still the same, the NHL brass is still the same, yet the calls go one way against the Canucks and the exact opposite when it would be in the Canucks favor

Clear as mud as the NHL usually is, shake my head.

454DAE46-AB92-4820-87AC-D2A2DECD6C33.gif

15 minutes ago, Xanlet said:

The refs didn't make the final call. The league's top brass watched it on the replay, deemed it to be a good goal, and allowed it. This is in complete opposition to how they have called Canucks' kicked in goals in the past in a verifiable pattern. Whether it is the personal bias of those who have been employed in certain positions for decades or an actual systematic bias can only be speculated about, but the track record is clear. The Canucks get treated differently in video reviews than other teams.

You're right. There, we cool?

Archived