The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I don't like conspiracy theorists but something isn't right

Gator

Was that kicked in?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This rule is a grey area, open for abuse, go back to the old day rules where any puck deflected off the skates is no goal, that alone would remove the grey area of distinct kicking motion.   I am in favor of removing good goals off from any skates and in from the opponents whether it be kicked or not.   This is the only rule I like and I didn't understand why they changed this rules in the first place.   This is hockey, not soccer, not any puck off from any parts of body in the goal, use the hockey stick to make the goal legitimate.  This is not hockey if you allow all parts of your body into a goal.  Again, the rules shouldn't never ever been change in the first place.

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

Ok after seeing 4 threads discussing this, what is a kicking motion?

It seems to be the sticking point here... 

A kicking motion should be ANY, even the slightest, movement of a players skate directing the puck towards the net... its obvious to anyone with eyes that his skate moved towards the puck about an inch after he pivoted. this is a kicking motion. 

8 hours ago, J-P said:

This thread is pathetic. He didn’t kick the puck, he angled his skate so he could steer it. That’s allowed. He did angle it with a motion happening quite close to the moment the puck hit the skate, so definitely a close call that could go both ways. But conspiracy? That’s ridiculous. 

Your reply is pathetic... you should get your eyes checked.. he kicks his skate forward right after he "angled it". 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Safety issues with kicking at pucks in the crease?  The easy fix, and safest, is to disallow any goal off a skate.  

3 hours ago, EmilyM said:

I don't know, you don't want to see players deliberately kicking at open pucks in front of the net if they become legal.

The current rule is fine. The consistency in the enforcing of the rule is what needs work.

Yeah you guys are right. There is indeed safety issue that I did not realize.

The guy did "kick" at the puck in an attempt to direct the puck to his stick. The momentum he put onto the puck bounced it off of Markstrom and then into the net. If it hadn't touched Markstrom then I believe the goal would have been called off.

regards,  G.

2 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

The guy did "kick" at the puck in an attempt to direct the puck to his stick. The momentum he put onto the puck bounced it off of Markstrom and then into the net. If it hadn't touched Markstrom then I believe the goal would have been called off.

regards,  G.

OK but is this a new rulebook or something that you are referring to?? It doesn't matter if the puck touches the goalie or not after a kicking motion has occurred 

30 minutes ago, shazzam said:

Could have gone either way depending on who was reviewing it and their interpretation of the rule

Watching it in slow mo, you can see why. He pivots his skate which is fine, his momentum is carrying him forward towards the puck and contact is made. 

his momentum??? maybe watch the video again... his natural momentum would not have allowed for him to make contact with the puck. 

since it actually seems like some of you are unable to watch the video frame by frame, here it is: 

Untitled.png.78c5480234bc181bb46873faadb526b9.png

PLEASE explain to me how his back skate is in the exact same position while his right skate has moved a whole foot towards the crease if it was his "momentum"

3 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

his momentum??? maybe watch the video again... his natural momentum would not have allowed for him to make contact with the puck. 

since it actually seems like some of you are unable to watch the video frame by frame, here it is: 

PLEASE explain to me how his back skate is in the exact same position while his right skate has moved a whole foot towards the crease if it was his "momentum"

Kicked in. 

1 hour ago, 'NucK™ said:

Why only the 2 frames? More would tell the whole story. Regarding his back skate, do you see Peterssons's foot?

12 minutes ago, shazzam said:

Why only the 2 frames? More would tell the whole story. Regarding his back skate, do you see Peterssons's foot?

There are 30 different frames I could post... if I posted them all I'd just be posting the video wouldn't I..

I took that screenshot purposefully right before Pettersson's foot made contact. feel free to go watch the video if you don't believe me

29 minutes ago, rekker said:

Twisting your ankle to make the puck go in is not a kick in my opion. 

if all he did was twist his ankle, i'd agree with you.. 

it's pretty ridiculous that none of you guys thinking this is not a kick have any explanation for why his right foot moved 10 cm forward while his left one stayed in place (and this was BEFORE Pettersson made any contact). momentum my ass, twisting his ankle my ass. there is a distinct kicking motion. just because it was only a few inches of a kick doesn't make it not a kick

Archived