The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I don't like conspiracy theorists but something isn't right

Gator

Was that kicked in?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

This had nothing to do with the team winning or losing or some losing streak its about how bad the officiating is in the NHL is and how inconsistent they are. For a "professional" organization they have inconsistencies in their calls where its worse then some minor league officiating I have seen. I have seen kids call better games then some of these "pro's". Then you would think the guys in the "war room" would even be more consistent as they have the luxury of replay. Their even worse. 

I think most of us would be OK with the odd mistake but to have so much inconsistency is plain unacceptable coming from people who make their living officiating.

They don't even seem to be accountable by the league for their performance of lack there of.

Do you know how often I have heard this in over 30 years. Granted it’s gotten worse since the internet got big but I hear this from everyone and in every league too....the call came from people who have multiple angles and rules to follow. They have multiple people and multiple reasons to support their decisions more then “we do.”

sure it looks on some night it looks like Iran being steered one way or another but sometimes that’s just how it falls.

dont watch if it’s such a joke 

16 hours ago, EdgarM said:

https://www.facebook.com/DevilsArmyGenerals/posts/nhl-rule-492-a-puck-that-is-directed-into-the-net-by-an-attacking-players-skate-/205929589485488/

23 years of calls like that....

They need to let all goals count off the skate or no goals allowed of the skate. No more of this gray area because it changes game to game with no consistency.

Devils get a favorable call once in the blue moon from Toronto. I don't want to say it but just look at all evidence because rules seem to change during Devils games.

That was clearly a goal. The league should send us a written apology and a full refund

Sound familiar?

The clarity really is that this is a business.  The league wants certain teams to win, as more money is made when certain teams win.

Forget the Canucks.  the worst case of this was Brett Hull's goal to win the Stanley Cup.  It's not limited to the Canucks.  It's that if there is grey area the league has a policy and things are overlooked based on circumstance.  

Vancouver is a small market town, so don't expect that to change.

8 hours ago, Baggins said:

They need to let all goals count off the skate or no goals allowed of the skate. No more of this gray area because it changes game to game with no consistency.

yep.  no goals off an offensive player's skate.  period.  no more motion interpretation.   make it like the delay of game / over the glass call.  get the subjectivity out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 11:10 AM, 'NucK™ said:

lol what? I'm asking YOU why you would think the refs made the call if YOU think they interpreted it that way.. 

get off the forum chum if you aren't here to discuss things 

What lol? And I was telling YOU that I think that you would be better served sending a letter to the NHL, rather than trying to engage ME any further in a topic which holds any interest to ME. And I was telling YOU that I was leaving that thread, (with or without YOUR consent), because the topic wasn't worth MY time. 

Otherwise, have yourself a nice, if rainy Monday.  :)

regards,  G.

1 hour ago, Gollumpus said:

What lol? And I was telling YOU that I think that you would be better served sending a letter to the NHL, rather than trying to engage ME any further in a topic which holds any interest to ME. And I was telling YOU that I was leaving that thread, (with or without YOUR consent), because the topic wasn't worth MY time. 

Otherwise, have yourself a nice, if rainy Monday.  :)

regards,  G.

yes, you ignored my question and instead wrote some cheeky message about sending a letter to the NHL.. 

i'm not on a discussion forum to get advice from people on when to write letters to the NHL. I'm here to discuss things.. 

it is very rainy.. hope you have yourself a good day as well 

Archived