The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL has some explaining to do

ebey11

1 hour ago, Rounoush said:

This irritates me to no end because they won't admit that they were wrong. And who cares if they do? The damage is done.

Why would they admit they're wrong? It's really an opinion. First you would need the league definition of "distinct kicking motion" and from there it is a matter of opinion whether a play meets that criteria or not. Ultimately it's an opinion as opposed to something as black and white as a puck crossing a line.

My opinion: hockey is played with a stick and a puck. All goals should need to be shot into the net with a stick.

Just now, spook007 said:

Every single goal disallowed in the video has less of a kicking motion that Kuhnhackl's goal.... Poor poor decision... 

I scanned through the first page or so of youtube results and pulled those up. That's how easy it was to show the league's inconsistency

15 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Why would they admit they're wrong? It's really an opinion. First you would need the league definition of "distinct kicking motion" and from there it is a matter of opinion whether a play meets that criteria or not. Ultimately it's an opinion as opposed to something as black and white as a puck crossing a line.

My opinion: hockey is played with a stick and a puck. All goals should need to be shot into the net with a stick.

Consistency. You are overthinking this big time.

1 minute ago, Xanlet said:

I scanned through the first page or so of youtube results and pulled those up. That's how easy it was to show the league's inconsistency

Yeah it really disappointing to say the least.

I actually have a few choice words regarding this decision, but they would rather hard to read for all the #@%& etc

I don't know how this can continue now that there is video review. I guess we are all blind with "homerism" and we are just looking at this(and many others) with bias eyeballs. 

I like how the NHL also makes it so that no one can comment on referee's actions as well. What a bush league and an embarrassment to our great sport.

Archived