The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2 Signings and a Pick - Rebuild complete (Discussion)

J.I.A.H.N

Ok, here we go!

UFA #1 Signing...…………..Stone...………….5 years at 8.5 M per

UFA #2 Signing...…………..E. Karlsson……..5 years at 9.0 M per

2019 Draft...………………...K. Kakko (RW)….

Van                                                                                             Utica

Stone (8.5)              Pettersson (1M)          Boeser (5.5 M)                              Dahlen       Gaudette      Lind

Baertschi (3.5)        Horvat (5.5)                 Kakko (1)                                      Gadjovich   MacEwen     Jasek  

Granlund (1.5)        Sutter (4.5)                  Virtanen (1.5)                                XXXXX       Gaunce        XXXXX

Roussel (3)             Beagle (3)                   Eriksson (6)

Schaller (2) = 46.5

Edler  (4)          E. Karlsson (9)                                                                Briseboise               Chatfield

Hughes (1)       Tanev (4.5)                                                                      Rathbone                 Woo

Hutton (3)         Gudbranson (4)                                                               McEneny                  2019 2nd

Juolevi  (1)       Stecher (2.5) =(29)                                                          Sautner                    XXXXXX

Demko  (1)                                                                                                       DiPietro

Markstrom  (4)  =    (5)              Total 80.5 M  (Rounded up)                             2019 3rd

Approx $80,000,000 Cap Estimate                               2019-2020 estimated cap Approx. $84,000,000                         Expect Free Buyout at CBA again.

Gone = Possible TDL folly...…………………………………..Goldobin, Motte, Leipsic, MDZ, Pouliot, Biega, and Nilsson (Value....3rds/4ths/5ths/Pucks/Zamboni Rides)

No trading Tanev, No trading Edler, No Trading Baertschi, No signing Tryamkin

The reason for drafting Kakko………...plays LW and Center, and larger frame that Hughes

The reason for signing Stone over Panarin……………..Stone bigger body

The reason for signing Karlsson …………….I want him!

OK...…...fire away!

I bet Karlsson gets better offers than that.

I have no idea how you can predict drafting a certain player when the draft lottery is still many months away.

If done correctly, the rebuild is never truly complete.  There should always be prospects in the pipeline.

Just now, goalie13 said:

I bet Karlsson gets better offers than that.

I have no idea how you can predict drafting a certain player when the draft lottery is still many months away.

If done correctly, the rebuild is never truly complete.  There should always be prospects in the pipeline.

We should have a little extra cap to play with

Me either!, but Boredom helps

I agree

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Ok, here we go!

Van                                                                                          Utica

Stone              Pettersson           Boeser                                      Dahlen       Gaudette      Lind

Baertschi         Horvat                 Kakko                                       Gadjovich   MacEwen     Jasek  

Granlund         Sutter                  Virtanen                                    XXXXX       Gaunce        XXXXX

Roussel           Beagle                Eriksson

Schaller

Edler                E. Karlsson                                              Briseboise               Chatfield

Hughes            Tanev                                                      Rathbone                 Woo

Hutton              Gudbranson                                            McEneny                  2019 2nd

Juolevi              Stecher                                                   Sautner                    XXXXXX

Demko                                                                                     DiPietro

Markstrom                                                                                  2019 3rd

Approx $80,000,000 Cap Estimate                               2019-2020 estimated cap Approx. $84,000,000                         Expect Free Buyout at CBA again.

Gone = Possible TDL folly...…………………………………..Goldobin, Motte, Leipsic, MDZ, Pouliot, Biega, and Nilsson (Value....3rds/4ths/5ths/Pucks/Zamboni Rides)

The reason for drafting Kakko………...plays LW and Center, and larger frame that Hughes

OK...…...fire away!

What is the contract you are giving to Boeser, Edler, Hutton, Granlund, as they will all require new contracts?

I love the idea of landing both of those beauties as UFA's

But I think you're dreaming. I don't see a way to fit those two + our own free agents under the cap. Yes, players could be moved.. And I guess we could explore that in this thread.- if we don't resign Edler, or trade Baer, or magically bury Eriksson's contract, or any combination of those it could happen if Karl and Stoner actually choose to sign here.

Karl will get $10m, and I do like Stone, but not at $8.5.

I'll skip the draft dreaming for now.

i don't understand everyone's love for stone. have you seen him skate? i would stay far away from him. the games speed will pass him soon enough

karlsson stock has fallen for sure and if he doesn't turn it around soon i wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get 11m like he wanted and falls to the 9.5-10m area

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Ok, here we go!

Van                                                                                          Utica

Stone              Pettersson           Boeser                                      Dahlen       Gaudette      Lind

Baertschi         Horvat                 Kakko                                       Gadjovich   MacEwen     Jasek  

Granlund         Sutter                  Virtanen                                    XXXXX       Gaunce        XXXXX

Roussel           Beagle                Eriksson

Schaller

Edler                E. Karlsson                                              Briseboise               Chatfield

Hughes            Tanev                                                      Rathbone                 Woo

Hutton              Gudbranson                                            McEneny                  2019 2nd

Juolevi              Stecher                                                   Sautner                    XXXXXX

Demko                                                                                     DiPietro

Markstrom                                                                                  2019 3rd

OK...…...fire away!

I'd love Stone and Kakko, but I'd take Trouba before Karlsson.  Karlsson's injured ankle scares me big time on a long term deal.

24 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I'd love Stone and Kakko, but I'd take Trouba before Karlsson.  Karlsson's injured ankle scares me big time on a long term deal.

Ankles shmankles.

Those puppies are on lock down on the ice.

He might slow a bit, but his game is 90% mental.

I have torn / ruptured ligaments in both ankles over the years. Broken my L twice, R once, on top of the soft tissue and ligament damage and countless sprains.

As soon as I put them on lock down with braces and a boot, it's like nothing ever happened until the boot and brace come off.

I'm not worried about his ankles at all.

FWIW, I'm 40.

Benning's free agent signings prior to this past season has not been good, he now sees his future BIG spending will be invested in Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes down the road. 

Then there's the other tier with the likes of Horvat, Virtanen ( fill in names here )...

We are on the right path by spending from within over the next few seasons.

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Ankles shmankles.

I have torn / ruptured ligaments in both ankles over the years. Broken my L twice, R once, on top of the soft tissue and ligament damage and countless sprains.

As soon as I put them on lock down with braces and a boot, it's like nothing ever happened until the boot and brace come off.

FWIW, I'm 40.

Ouch!!!

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

Ouch!!!

My injury resume is something for the ages.

You'd think I was a pro athlete in my prime, but nope.

A whole bunch of minor $&!# from hockey, football, rugby, basketball and soccer.

The worst were from skate and snowboarding though. Board sports took the hardest toll for sure. I made it as far as the Kokanee Grand Nationals in Boardercross back in 2000 and 2002.

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Ok, here we go!

Van                                                                                             Utica

Stone (8.5)              Pettersson (1M)          Boeser (5.5 M)                              Dahlen       Gaudette      Lind

Baertschi (3.5)        Horvat (5.5)                 Kakko (1)                                      Gadjovich   MacEwen     Jasek  

Granlund (1.5)        Sutter (4.5)                  Virtanen (1.5)                                XXXXX       Gaunce        XXXXX

Roussel (3)             Beagle (3)                   Eriksson (6)

Schaller (2) = 46.5

Edler  (4)          E. Karlsson (9)                                                                Briseboise               Chatfield

Hughes (1)       Tanev (4.5)                                                                      Rathbone                 Woo

Hutton (3)         Gudbranson (4)                                                               McEneny                  2019 2nd

Juolevi  (1)       Stecher (2.5) =(29)                                                          Sautner                    XXXXXX

Demko  (1)                                                                                                       DiPietro

Markstrom  (4)  =    (5)              Total 80.5 M  (Rounded up)                             2019 3rd

OK...…...fire away!

You made me work!...…..pretty close considering I was using my fingers and toes to count with...and didn't have the numbers in front of me.

Burns makes 8 Million...….don't actually think Karlsson makes much more....(I would rather have Burns to be honest)

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

My injury resume is something for the ages.

You'd think I was a pro athlete in my prime, but nope.

A whole bunch of minor $&!# from hockey, football, rugby, basketball and soccer.

The worst were from skate and snowboarding though. Board sports took the hardest toll for sure. I made it as far as the Kokanee Grand Nationals in Boardercross back in 2000 and 2002.

Ya don't have to be a pro to impress me, I 've been around sports a long time and have seen great atheletes at many different levels.

My nephew this past season with Whalley competed at the Little League World Series ( even at that level we saw greatness ).

You are/were a competing at a very high level of competition at the Grand National - much respect!!

Your sports bio is impressive, your commentary here reflects all those years invested - Long Live Sports!!

29 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Ankles shmankles.

FWIW, I'm 40.

Wait and see how the list grows...…..I am 61 and up until 50, I played through all sorts of injuries......tib and fib break, broken fingers, bone spurs, ganglions, cancer, heart attack (3), lost my memory for a while, and I would say when sitting on the bench at hockey now a days...….I match up pretty good with the guys to the left of me and to the right......we all have the lists.....lol...……………..the alternative is to die on the couch......no time for that!

21 minutes ago, 6string said:

Ya don't have to be a pro to impress me, I 've been around sports a long time and have seen great atheletes at many different levels.

My nephew this past season with Whalley competed at the Little League World Series ( even at that level we saw greatness ).

You are/were a competing at a very high level of competition at the Grand National - much respect!!

Your sports bio is impressive, your commentary here reflects all those years invested - Long Live Sports!!

Cheers to that!

Long live sports!

And CDC.

For the most part, this forum is frequented by level headed sportspeople that are passionate Canucks fans from a variety of backgrounds.

We don't always agree, but always find common ground in our love for the game and respect for teamwork and sportsmanship.

Like sometimes I'm so pissed at @stawnss or someone else, but then they post something I totally agree with and we find common ground.

Sports taught us to be like that IMO. Always find that common ground and focus on what can be done while working in what you can do better.

Archived