The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Outrageous Edmonton Wants Bo, Brock, Tanev and Demko, DESPERATION, Fired Coach

A laffer but this is a silly fantasy stuff forum mostly. maybe not this but something else?

In a desperate situation with most of upper management jobs on the line Edmonton comes aknockin.

In great need of a superior 2 way center, a goalie upgrade and secondary scoring they propose an outrageous offer.

Connor McDavid, Jessi Puljujarvi and 2020 1rst pick.   For these Nucks.

Just off hand what would McDavid be worth from the Nucks?

Only thing I don't like about the offer is losing Demko, we really need to solidify that position and losing him would hurt. However if that 1st from Edmonton comes with their lottery luck I would take it just for the chance to get Jack Hughes next year since we all know they Coilers aren't making the playoffs with or without this deal.

8 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

I puked a little when I read this.

Laughing too hard?:lol:

Figured to have some fantasy fun after McD saying he was basically pi$$ed off with losing. At least here there is the Roxy to help forget about the days woes.

Would be …..well just not going to happen but both teams could come out better.

Nucks have McD, EP and JP at center and groom Gaudette as a defensive center. Still have JV, 2019 1rst, Gadovitch, Lind.

A step backwards for a year and a giant leap forward.

Oilers have LD, RNH and BH as centers, Brock as a trigger man, they can win FO's, more hope in Demko, more steady defence. 

Well I'll be Mr. Unpopular and say that's a horrid deal and I wouldn't even entertain that offer.  Brock and Bo alone gets you 60+ goals, Demko is a top rated goalie prospect who will be most likely the starter here, hopefully.  McDavid is exciting to watch, no question, but totally not worth that price of two first liners and a future starting goaltender.  Besides I think EP40 is just as exciting as McDavid, definitely a franchise center to build around.  This is hockey not the NBA, you need depth and you lose that with this deal.

Just now, Whaleroad Train said:

Personally - I'd just run.

At some point they will figure out that both teams are watching McD, one to stop him the other to see him score for them.:lol:

No matter who he is it is easier to check one player than two, Edmonton need a "Nylander" to free up more scoring.

15 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Well I'll be Mr. Unpopular and say that's a horrid deal and I wouldn't even entertain that offer.  Brock and Bo alone gets you 60+ goals, Demko is a top rated goalie prospect who will be most likely the starter here, hopefully.  McDavid is exciting to watch, no question, but totally not worth that price of two first liners and a future starting goaltender.  Besides I think EP40 is just as exciting as McDavid, definitely a franchise center to build around.  This is hockey not the NBA, you need depth and you lose that with this deal.

Nah trade for Nylander. EP and Nylander - 70+ goals, McD and JV - 80+ goals, JP and Hughes - 60+ goals maybe not Hughes that Fin maybe available.

21 minutes ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

Only thing I don't like about the offer is losing Demko, we really need to solidify that position and losing him would hurt. However if that 1st from Edmonton comes with their lottery luck I would take it just for the chance to get Jack Hughes next year since we all know they Coilers aren't making the playoffs with or without this deal.

DiPietro is waiting in line. I still don't take that deal though. 

27 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

You're popular with me!

So in essence we keep our pick.  Get edmontons pick next year.  Keep Petterson.  Lose Brock who doesn't look at all the same after that injury, Lose Bo a future captain which sucks Lose Tanev who is always injured and Demko who is currently a toss up over DiPietro

And Get McJesus

Ha, ya man.  Ya we do that deal.  Because we automatically become a top 5 pick winner this year.  We Get the best player in the deal hands down and don't gut our prospects doing it.  All while laughingly obtaining Edmontons pick next year which let's face it, is a top 10 pick anyways without McJesus

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

All while laughingly obtaining Edmontons pick next year which let's face it, is a top 10 pick anyways without McJesus

Don't know about that Bo and Brock on a team that could still muster up 3 scoring lines, have better goaltending and stronger defence?

It is all a joke anyway but they might add the stability needed and give the Oilers more cap space. Bo is almost driving this team by himself even if they aren't winning he is instrumental in the games they do win and not always on the score sheet.

Archived