The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation]Coyotes may move Strome/Perlini

86Viking

https://theathletic.com/663255/2018/11/19/morgan-a-list-of-which-coyotes-are-most-likely-to-be-traded/

Found this on another forum, I dont have an account to see full details but players listed apparently are Strome, Perlini, Panik, Goligoski.

Personally I would like the Canucks to kick the tires on Strome and or Perlini.

Not sure what the Yotes are after. Can never hurt to have another C like Strome. I believe he is half decent at faceoffs, has good size too!

Goligoski has two more years left at 5.5 mil/season, but can run the power play.  

I'm not sure that Dylan Strome is an upgrade on Adam Gaudette, our number 5 center when everyone else is healthy. 

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Perlini is the guy I would be looking at there. He's big, fast and has a really heavy shot. We could use some more wingers who can score.

He seems to be the best fit. I wonder what it would take for them to move him. 

my guess is they would ask for Virtanen, we say no of course. Maybe Goldobin if they want someone with more pure skill?

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Goligoski has two more years left at 5.5 mil/season, but can run the power play.  

I'm not sure that Dylan Strome is an upgrade on Adam Gaudette, our number 5 center when everyone else is healthy. 

Strome is still very young and if he can do decent on draws thats a nice bonus. Plus I think he can go down to Utica worst case without waivers also?

The problem I see here is that Arizona's probably looking for a defender with all of their injuries on defense. We don't really have a good one to help get either of these 2, at least one that we'd be willing to give up unless if they'd be willing to take MDZ or something.

how has the entire strome family effectively sucked that badly after being drafted so highly?  It's literally like the opposite of the staals.

Dylan still has hope and promise because he can actually skate but damn

Also, how the hell does Arizona build such a paper tiger defense that is still so bad?  Chychrun, Demers, OEL, Goligoski, Hjalmarsson....

32 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

my guess is they would ask for Virtanen, we say no of course. Maybe Goldobin if they want someone with more pure skill?

No way we'd move Virtanen. Goldobin for Perlini could be decent from our end. Goldy has a year left & I'm starting to wonder if Goldobin is really going to be a guy for us long term. Not that I would be looking to get rid of Goldy as he's talented & on pace for 41 points RN even despite the low goal total. But maybe you flip him for Perlini and see if you can get more out of Perlini.

Perlini's not physical but he's bigger than Goldobin, skates better than Goldobin and is a better goal scorer. I haven't seen enough of Perlini to know what's holding him back but 17 goals last year is a nice start and maybe playing with Pettersson or Horvat he could put up 20-25 or more. 

I'd move Strome if I were them as well.

Good luck getting the value of his pedigree though.

Didn't like that pick at the time, and obviously think even less of it in hindsight.

There were some real head scratchers in that draft.

Provorov and Werenski were under-rated (at the time).

So was Barzal.  And clearly, Chabot was whiffed on by many teams.

But Strome at 3 was wtf worthy.

9 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I would consider Crouse over Perlini. That would be based on the style of play. Crouse is still young and hasnt score much in the NHL but he had a decent year last year in the A

I think I'd rather have Perlini than Crouse. I doubt Crouse will ever be a top 6 forward. Perlini could be. 

If the price is lower & you really like Crouse then maybe look at bringing him in to be a bottom 6 guy, but I wouldn't give up Goldobin's offense for Crouse. 

I would kick the tires on Prelini, he fits a need in our top 6

Perlini 

LW, 6'3 211 lbs power forward is a very attractive piece to get

He's struggling right now but he scored 17 last year and 14 the year before in 20 fewer games. I think he could be a good steal. 

9 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

No way we'd move Virtanen. Goldobin for Perlini could be decent from our end. Goldy has a year left & I'm starting to wonder if Goldobin is really going to be a guy for us long term. Not that I would be looking to get rid of Goldy as he's talented & on pace for 41 points RN even despite the low goal total. But maybe you flip him for Perlini and see if you can get more out of Perlini.

Perlini's not physical but he's bigger than Goldobin, skates better than Goldobin and is a better goal scorer. I haven't seen enough of Perlini to know what's holding him back but 17 goals last year is a nice start and maybe playing with Pettersson or Horvat he could put up 20-25 or more. 

Yes I agree we wont be moving Jake. I would consider Perlini for Goldy. But like you I dont know much about Perlini other that looking up his stats. Its too bad he doesnt use his size more, or at least hit with a frame like that.

Perlini with Bo or Pistol Pete might be a good fit I agree

Archived