The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 19, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

Rather see the jets do well than the coil, lames or laffs. 

Growing pains.. Winnipeg was not very good for a good number of years , no outright bottom finishes but good drafting and a lotto win really helped them.( ie they really didn’t have to outright tank) 

canucks will do ok. March and January feature an inordinate amount of home games. Couple that with a healthier roster and they will be better than they have shown during this brutal stretch. 

Who's the most overrated player in the NHL: Sean Monahan or Patrik Laine?

I've always thought Monahan is, but after the previous two games and seeing how Laine is completely invisible all night yet still seems to score, I might have to change my mind.  If Brock Boeser played with Laine's teammates, he'd easily have 60 goals a year.

3 minutes ago, beni said:

Post and a goal line. 

They didn't give up in the end, brutal 2 on 1 to close the game though. 

Who was in for the ceremonial faceoff tonight? I missed first few minutes 

Michael Del Zotto...  I know he's caught a lot of flack lately, but I thought that he was one of the better Canuck d-men tonight.  

Hutton played well also.  

Until the Canucks get a big board controlling, crease clearing defenseman like Tryamkin, they will have trouble with big physical teams like the Jets.  The current defense is just too small, they were chasing all game and the Jets just controlled the boards.

Gagner had a good game... could have had a couple assists if he had wingers who can shoot better.

Markstrom poor game... first goal set the tone for the whole rest of the period which was a write-off.  And there were another two weak ones.  Not that he shouldn't be our #1 goalie, but shows he needs to sit for a while... if Nilsson is ready, he should play.

Pettersson is getting back into the form he showed early on... had lots of opportunities and was making things happen all night.

Goldobin showed some brilliant flashes, but still has no confidence in his shot... he should be practicing his wrister every spare second he has.

Another learning experience for the team... up against a very good team. 

Personally I am not worried about them losing.... I thought they tried hard and competed all night... that is the important thing.

The Jets are in their window for a Cup.... they have about 3 years and then they will start getting old... but right now they are as good as any team in the NHL.

Any hope of making the playoffs will have to hope for when the key guys get back, no more major injuries and need to go on some sort of win streak sometime in December/January. I think because of the weak division, we still have a chance. But it really pisses me off that so many games in the last while that we lost would of been Ws if we have any sort of healthy rosters.

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

One of the Canucks' top forwards tonight was in the AHL last week. Think about that.

Its obvious when compared to the Jets' D, the Canucks D made poor passes in their own zone often and created a ton of turnovers.

Markstrom wasn't the reason they lost but he did also pull a Bachman early in the game, and that doesn't help.

Del Zaster and Guddy look like they are 50 years old out there. Canucks need some D guys who can skate.

Meh

guddy has been one of our most consistent dman this year

stecher and Hutton can skate just fine

missed you when we were winning

We were outskilled and outclassed, a healthy Canucks team shortens the gap between the two teams. I wouldn't say we were outworked though, I was very surprised to see us in it up until the end of the game. Especially considering how the first went.

Gotta give the guys props for battling the way they did considering all the injuries we're dealing with.

Game Notes:

Jets are damn good

Can't allow so many shots against these guys

Markstrom had a gaffe on the first and third goal but played very well

Boys were fired up after the Roussel fight

Gudbranson had a bad game

Hutton has been a great surprise this season

Pettersson with another PPG woot woot

Tanev... SHOOT!!

I think this team is cursed with these injuries, but they at least play hard. And I'm pretty sure the schedule makers are Flames fans.

Just now, Darius said:

Rather see the jets do well than the coil, lames or laffs. 

Growing pains.. Winnipeg was not very good for a good number of years , no outright bottom finishes but good drafting and a lotto win really helped them.( ie they really didn’t have to outright tank) 

canucks will do ok. March and January feature an inordinate amount of home games. Couple that with a healthier roster and they will be better than they have shown during this brutal stretch. 

Actually, I might prefer the lames over the Jets.  The media doesn't jizz their pants when the Lames win, unlike the Laffs, Coils, or Jets.

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

Who's the most overrated player in the NHL: Sean Monahan or Patrik Laine?

I've always thought Monahan is, but after the previous two games and seeing how Laine is completely invisible all night yet still seems to score, I might have to change my mind.  If Brock Boeser played with Laine's teammates, he'd easily have 60 goals a year.

I still think monahan. Although your comparison is interesting. Laine has a better shot and is bigger. Lol.

monahan gets spoon fed by JG time after time

Archived