The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who has a better shot Brock or Petey?

smokes

Who has the more deadly shot?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last year I would've said Boeser, but this year, Brock has struggled with his shot. The wirey Pettersson has a lightning shot, and it's accurate.

Last year Boeser won the shooting skills competition at the AS Game. I think he broke the rookie record?

Pettersson will beat it this year, when he's at the AS Game. :)

3 hours ago, Baggins said:

We'll find out when Petey goes to the all-star game and does the target shooting.

I think one night of organized shots don't carry much weight in determining

On any one day your shots could be off (Just look at golfers as another example)

Plus in a game you act on instinct and adrenalin instead of over thinking and contrived

I agree with the poster who said

Boeser for wrist shot

EP for one timer slap

Hard to pick.

Brock is the reigning accuracy champ of the NHL.

His shot is hard and he gets it away quick. Like a proper punch he doesn’t telegraph or cock it first.

Elias is also insanely accurate and has a hard shot as well. I’m not sure he gets it away as fast as Brock.

EP uses a strange blade on his stick that not many players use. It has the most surface area you can get. I believe this makes the direction of his shot very hard to pick up for defending goalies.

So happy we have them both

I will go with Brock. Simply because Brock is a shooter/goal scorer right when he was drafted. Last season, Brock showed us he can score in many different ways: slap shot, wrist-shot, one-timers, greasy-goals in front of the net, and he always picks the perfect time and spot to release his shot. Brock is just a natural goal scorer. Injuries had him in a bit of a slump to start the year, but it desn't effect him to keep putting up decent point total despite not being 100%. I believe when he is 100%, he will be one of the best shooter/goal-scorers in the league for a long long time.

EP can shoot very well, but to me he is more of an overall player who reads, control and dominate the game at a whole different level. He can pick corners very will with his wrister, and one-timers from the left side of the PP. I have a feeling long term, when Boeser's healthy and plays on a line with EP, EP will eventually be more of a passer for Brock to finish off the play. The difference between these 2 players' shot is very minimal, but I am going to say Boeser has the better shot but EP is handsdown the better overall player.

Hard to say. Incredibly, we already have a good sample size this short into both of their careers since they both score the MAJORITY of their goals on snipes and rarely on garbage goals. That's very rare. We're spoiled either way.

But my tie-breaker would be: When the chips are down and we need one guy taking a shot with 2 seconds left in the game, I want it to be Petey.

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Last year I would've said Boeser, but this year, Brock has struggled with his shot. The wirey Pettersson has a lightning shot, and it's accurate.

Last year Boeser won the shooting skills competition at the AS Game. I think he broke the rookie record?

Pettersson will beat it this year, when he's at the AS Game. :)

Boeser has a faster release imo 

Archived