The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who has a better shot Brock or Petey?

smokes

Who has the more deadly shot?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Depends on the measure.

Both have heavy slap shots.

Both have hard wrist shots.

Both are very accurate.

I think Pettersson has a more dynamic selection of shot options than Boeser, but they're pretty close.

Pettersson's the more dynamic player overall so I would probably give the edge as he's able to release shots in stride and at full speed.

End of the day, I'm just glad they're both on the team and I'm hoping that Boeser can come back 100% healthy.  Both make the team exciting to watch.

Didn’t vote, even with Boeser playing most of his rookie year and some of this year and breaking targets while winning the all-star accuracy competition (reel it in a little though look who was second, a good third liner) and EP working towards a Calder trophy himself I don’t think the sample size is big enough yet.  If I had to vote I’d go with the somewhat known commodity in Boeser, his accuracy, release and heaviness is world class.  EP isn’t really even a goal scorer first (although he’s awfully good at it so maybe should consider it) he’s scoring goals because his peers can’t keep up with his sneaky dishes that often go unanswered, and is so good he leads the team in penalties drawn.  Boeser is primarily a goal scorer, EP is an alien who can score crazy goals but is so much more. If he keeps it up he will surpass Brock (if he hasn’t already done that)...impressive no doubt.

I went with Brock. It’s honestly pretty close, I gave him the edge in this due to his injuries this year making a direct comparison tough. Kind of a championship advantage so to speak. The fact that EP has a shot right there with him while controlling the game, passing like a Sedin and backchecking like an elite shutdown C speaks volumes to how great an overall player he is. Going to be scary when a healthy BB is on his wing. 

21 minutes ago, The Game said:

Forsberg was never that good a shooter, he was more of a powerforward with amazing vision. Näslund on the other hand had his generation's best wrist shot. 

Sakic's wrister beats Naslund in accuracy though,

Archived