The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Package for Panarin

Provided that we talk to him and his agent first and we agree to a basis for a contract extension, how about this package for Panarin:

To CBJ
Juolevi

Goldobin

2020 2nd

To VAN

Panarin

2020 4th

Why CBJ would do it: Panarin does not want to re-sign with them. They do not have much in the way of puck movers on D in their prospect pool. Goldobin chips in with some numbers to help supplement the loss of Panarin since they're planning on a hard push this year.  He might excel with Columbus as well since they're such a good 2 way team that his defensive woes may be hidden on that roster. 2nd in 2020 to help outbid other teams.

Why VAN would do it: We have a ton of LD prospects, and many of them project to be top 4 players, not unlike Juolevi. Namely Hughes (top 2 actually), Brisebois, Rathbone, Tryamkin not to mention Hutton who is still young and already playing at a top 4 level in the NHL. So we're dealing from an area of strength. We need to shore up our wing position, especially with Baertschi out we don't have too many top 6 wingers and Panarin is still young so he fits long term. We get Panarin long term. 2nd is in 2020 which gives us plenty of time to replace it. We are projected to be trending up so next year's pick might not be so high. The 4th is mostly a throw in, but with JB and Brackett's drafting, we might actually get a player with that pick.

Let me have it.

Just for fun:

Dahlen - Pettersson - Lind

Panarin - Horvat - Boeser

Lockwood - Gaudette - Virtanen

Gadjovich - Madden - MacEwen

Jasek/Palmu

Hughes - Tryamkin (?)

Hutton - _____

Rathbone - Woo

Brisebois

Demko

DiPietro

Still need some quality RD prospects but everything else looks good. REAL GUUUUUUD.

2 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Just for fun:

Dahlen - Pettersson - Lind

Panarin - Horvat - Boeser

Lockwood - Gaudette - Virtanen

Gadjovich - Madden - MacEwen

Jasek/Palmu

Hughes - Tryamkin (?)

Hutton - _____

Rathbone - Woo

Brisebois

Demko

DiPietro

Still need some quality RD prospects but everything else looks good. REAL GUUUUUUD.

So they just gonna buy out Sutter, Beagle, Schaller, Roussel, Tanev, Guddy and Baer?

1 minute ago, Vanuckles said:

Like I said it's just for fun. I mean I'm not even accounting for any FA signings or draft additions etc...

I see. Just for fun

Ovie McDavid Rantanen

Hall Pettersson Boeser

Baer Horvat Virtanen 

Rousel Beagle Wilson

Motte Lind

Hedman Karlsson

Hughes Tanev

Edler Gudbranson

Hutton

Vasilevski

Demko

2 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

I see. Just for fun

Ovie McDavid Rantanen

Hall Pettersson Boeser

Baer Horvat Virtanen 

Rousel Beagle Wilson

Motte Lind

Hedman Karlsson

Hughes Tanev

Edler Gudbranson

Hutton

Vasilevski

Demko

you must be fun at parties...

to CBJ: Goldobin, Hutton and 2020 4th

Panarin (undrafted) is 27 and is only in his 4th NHL season. He's around a point-a-game player (25-30 goals).

Goldobin (23) will probably get 50-55 points this year, and Hutton (24) has taken leaps and bounds in his development, and may get around 30+ points himself. He's actually a pretty good D now.

I do like the idea of a:  PANARIN - PETTERSSON - BOESER line.

20 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Panarin (undrafted) is 27 and is only in his 4th NHL season. He's around a point-a-game player (25-30 goals).

Goldobin (23) will probably get 50-55 points this year, and Hutton (24) has taken leaps and bounds in his development, and may get around 30+ points himself. He's actually a pretty good D now.

I see Goldobin between low to mid 40s, which is pretty good in his first full season of big league hockey, I like to see him hit your tally.

I have Hutton at around 30 pts.as well...

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal got more for Pacioretty.  I don’t see this package getting it done 

Lol no they didn't.

EDIT: That came out a little more sarcastic than I meant. What I mean is that Tatar put up 3rd line numbers last year and was a -11 (I know not a good indication of defensive play but it is a somewhat rough measure of Corsi). Goldobin is projecting 46 points this year over 82 games and that's his first year pro. Suzuki is an undersized OHL forward who projects to be a middle 6 offensive talent. Juolevi is a 5th overall pick (still has status) who's putting up great numbers in his first year pro in NA. Plus he's a Dman.

1 hour ago, Sikhguy23 said:

you must be fun at parties...

A blast.

Why?

The team is rebuilding, once trades for players like this start the team has to go all in. At this time they don't have the "deep" support.

All a single deal like this may do is leave the Nucks barely good enough to make the playoffs and miss out on the cream of the talent in the draft.

Truly proposals right now should be about getting something, anything for aging vets for players under 22 and top level picks.

Maybe even suggestions of deals with teams for their first overall in 2020.

Panarin is good but not for this team right now.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

That package wouldn’t even get you Gus Nyquist outta Detroit. Let alone a PPG player like Panarin.

I'd disagree with the notion that we have several future top 4 players in our system. While we have some that could develop to that level, history has shown that most won't be able to make the transition to the NHL. Hence, I'd rather keep Juolevi as one of the few who is indeed likely to become a top 4 guy. 

Archived