The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Marko Dano, Josh Brown (Jets claim Dano)

Marko Dano

C | 5' 11" | 212 lb | Age: 23

Born: November 30, 1994

Birthplace: Eisenstadt, AUT

Shoots: Left

Draft: 2013 CBJ, 1st rd, 27th pk (27th overall)

Josh Brown

D | 6' 5" | 215 lb | Age: 24

Born: January 21, 1994

Birthplace: London, ON, CAN

Shoots: Right

Draft: 2013 FLA, 6th rd, 1st pk (152nd overall)

46 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Marko Dano

C | 5' 11" | 212 lb | Age: 23

Born: November 30, 1994

Birthplace: Eisenstadt, AUT

Shoots: Left

Draft: 2013 CBJ, 1st rd, 27th pk (27th overall)

Josh Brown

D | 6' 5" | 215 lb | Age: 24

Born: January 21, 1994

Birthplace: London, ON, CAN

Shoots: Right

Draft: 2013 FLA, 6th rd, 1st pk (152nd overall)

Leave it to CBJ to ruin the development of yet another prospect.

Brown kind of screams like a guy the Canucks may pick up. With Utica decimated by injuries, I could see a world where the Canucks claim Brown and send Biega down.

That said, I have no idea how mobile Josh Brown is nor do I know much about him -- so that probably means he passes through waivers but for a team that is looking for size, Brown could be a temporary option to help one of the worst defenses in the league.

Also, Benning does have a history of using the waiver wire to plug holes in the lineup. He used waivers to claim Reid Boucher, Brandon McMillian, and Joseph Cramarossa in the years that he has been in charge. So anything is possible.

Dano has always been overrated. He needs AHL time (much like Curtis Lazar). Don't see the upside anymore.

31 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

We could use some of this on our back end. Bring this lumbering giant in and waive pooliot

I mean our defence cant get any worse, right?

If VANwanted a super tough big defender, could've gotten MacDermid from the Kings a month ago when he was on waivers. Much tougher, bigger and has some actual NHL experience. 

17 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

If VANwanted a super tough big defender, could've gotten MacDermid from the Kings a month ago when he was on waivers. Much tougher, bigger and has some actual NHL experience. 

if they can't play, there's no point in having them on the roster

53 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

We could use some of this on our back end. Bring this lumbering giant in and waive pooliot

I mean our defence cant get any worse, right?

Honestly, if it meant never having to see Archibald called up again to “bring this element”, I would do it just for that.

I mean, I think we have seen the movie enough times to know that Archie will come up, play a good couple of physical games to show he belongs... and then revert back to being completely invisible in that department until he gets sent down again.d

2 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

I get that you have a hard-on for 'tough guys', but you do realize he was waived by the worst team in the West right?

Yes, LA was last place a month ago.

24 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I get that you have a hard-on for 'tough guys', but you do realize he was waived by the worst team in the West right?

Yes, LA was last place a month ago.

Did I say I wanted him? I was responding to the other guys post. 

Reading comprehension on this board is at an elementary school level. 

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

Did I say I wanted him? I was responding to the other guys post. 

Reading comprehension on this board is at an elementary school level. 

I've read from your previous posts that you have a tendency to want tough guys. It's not reading comprehension that's the issue; it's prejudice.

Maybe I was wrong to judge.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I've read from your previous posts that you have a tendency to want tough guys. It's not reading comprehension that's the issue; it's prejudice.

Maybe I was wrong to judge.

Oh I definitely want tough players on any team I cheer for. However, with VAN, I have given up years ago. Now with this completely pussified "new" NHL, there is officially zero hope for my wishes. 

6 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Oh I definitely want tough players on any team I cheer for. However, with VAN, I have given up years ago. Now with this completely pussified "new" NHL, there is officially zero hope for my wishes. 

Virtanen is a hybrid of the new NHL with a hint of toughness. He's very hard to obtain if he pans out the way the Canucks envisioned him to be. So far, he's been a treat to watch.

Jett Wu will also be someone you'll love. Regarded as a "throwback" to the old style hockey. I wouldn't give up on your wishes just yet.

It's a fact that the one dimensional tough guys are no longer capable of playing effectively in the NHL. Gudbranson, as good of a skater is he is, is having issues being too slow.

Archived