The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Reid Boucher, reassign Brendan Gaunce

-Vintage Canuck-

Vancouver, BC - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled centre Reid Boucher and reassigned centre Brendan Gaunce to the Utica Comets.

Boucher, 25, has led the Comets in scoring this season with 16 points (10-6-16) in 12 games. He ranks fifth in the AHL for most goals (10) and tied for ninth for most power play goals (4).

The Lansing, Michigan native has appeared in 132 NHL games, registering 42 points (20-22-42).

The centre was originally drafted by the New Jersey Devils in the fourth round, 99th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-reid-boucher/c-302201498

5 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Makes sense.  Point a game isn't exactly what we're looking for.

Boucher is doing great in the AHL, but if 3 points in 3 games won't keep Gaunce his spot, I don't know what will.

He didn't even get 5min his last game.  The Canucks have moved on from Gaunce.  

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Was disappointed in how TG used Gaunce. I believe he is/ was within a couple of days of having to go through waivers again. I believe Archibald and Biega are in similar situations.

5 minutes ago, mll said:

5 minutes ago, mpass1 said:

Mind aswell give Gaunce some games in Utica instead of standing around and not do anything up here 

Just now, SingleThorn said:

Was disappointed in how TG used Gaunce. I believe he is/ was within a couple of days of having to go through waivers again. I believe Archibald and Biega are in similar situations.

I really don't get why Green deployed Gaunce the way he did. What did he see that he absolutely didn't like?

He also didn't put Archibald for more than 2 mins THE WHOLE GAME in the MTL game I believe.

I know I’m walking into the lion’s den by daring to post a link to an article from Canucks Army on CDC, but this was a pretty good take from a couple days ago on why Boucher deserves a call up.

Plus, it’s from a new writer. So he doesn’t really have much of a history and hasn’t (yet) defined his work as “typical Benning hate from Canuck Smarmy,” lol.

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/11/20/should-canucks-give-reid-boucher-another-chance/

6 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Archibald is closer than Gaunce to being again waiver eligible.  It's the earliest between 10 NHL games and 30 days on the roster - recall periods are cumulative.  Both were recalled end of October but Archibald had already been up earlier in October for just under a week.  Archibald has also played in 9 NHL games so one more and he will have to go through waivers. 

13 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I really don't get why Green deployed Gaunce the way he did. What did he see that he absolutely didn't like?

He also didn't put Archibald for more than 2 mins THE WHOLE GAME in the MTL game I believe.

Green has been doing a great job with personal(imo) so there must be a reason, perhaps these guys came to camp out of shape like Hutton last year?  Anyways I am not too concerned, neither of these players are an important part moving forward.

Another strange move also weird that Gaunce! A point a game guy  3gp -3pts hardly got a look . Boucher always seems to put up decent AHL numbers, but his NHL numbers aren’t the greatest , he’s like the Pouliot of forwards , he makes lots of mistakes , big time giveaways &  they already have their share of those guys, so unless this about paper work it makes no sense. Benning needs to be trying to fix this brutal goaltending scene, Markstrom is a for sure backup , I’m sure there’s a team that has a backup for sale that’s more proven then Marky , cause really that’s the only bandaid that’ll stop this skid  & ya the D stinks but that’s a harder fix , but something needs to change cause all these young guys are learning is to loose! So get off the pot Jimbo & do you’re job & stop these pointless call ups!! 

Archived