The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts regarding this current losing streak? Feedback please.

vancouverbucsfan

Long time 11 game ice pack holder here. Gonna think long and hard about renewing next year! I'm not a 'bandwagon' fan but am a passionate loyal one. I'm getting really angry and frustrated about this losing streak! Enough already! We are gonna lose another one tonight in San Jose. Starting to wonder if Coach Green is the problem now? Yes we have some key injuries but so do many other teams. Most coaches that lose 8 in a row normally get fired. Yes we have played more road games than all other NHL teams but I still don't feel that is a valid excuse. Your thoughts fellow Canuck fans? Wonder if we are tanking for Hughes? But knowing our luck we probably wouldn't win the draft lottery. 

Vancouver_Johnny_Canuck_flag.png

11 minutes ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

Long time 11 game ice pack holder here. Gonna think long and hard about renewing next year! I'm not a 'bandwagon' fan but am a passionate loyal one. I'm getting really angry and frustrated about this losing streak! Enough already! We are gonna lose another one tonight in San Jose. Starting to wonder if Coach Green is the problem now? Yes we have some key injuries but so do many other teams. Most coaches that lose 8 in a row normally get fired. Yes we have played more road games than all other NHL teams but I still don't feel that is a valid excuse. Your thoughts fellow Canuck fans? Wonder if we are tanking for Hughes? But knowing our luck we probably wouldn't win the draft lottery. 

Vancouver_Johnny_Canuck_flag.png

Go see your doctor. Prozac maybe or maybe THC or CBD. 

6 minutes ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

@King Heffy so do all other teams(injuries) currently. You look at a team like the Bruins that missed the playoffs back in 2015. How were they able to do a rebuild in to a contender in such a short period of time? And they had no number 1 picks in the process of their rebuild.

A team that underachieved in a one season aberration isn't the same thing as a team that's been at the bottom of the league for an extended period of time that played better than expected for a month before losing 2 top 6-forwards, one of their only 2 top 4 defensemen, and their best 2 defensive centers.

Green has the team working hard and the kids developing.  That's all that can be reasonably expected.

1 minute ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

@King Heffy so do all other teams(injuries) currently. You look at a team like the Bruins that missed the playoffs back in 2015. How were they able to do a rebuild in to a contender in such a short period of time? And they had no number 1 picks in the process of their rebuild.

Bruins still have Marchand, Bergeron, Chara, Rask to keep their team competitive.  The Canucks have an oft injured tandem of Tanev and Edler.

Of all the losing during the rebuild why does this losing streak have you so angry?  Except for the San Jose game the games have been competitive.  Couldn't say that in the past.  And injuries do make a difference when you're missing your top two PK centres (forcing one of your two offensive centres to concentrate pretty much soley on a checking role...leaving the one remaining offensive centre a 19 year old rookie), your top minutes eating defenseman, your two best offensive wingers, and your back up goalie (forcing your main goalie to play a lot when you know he struggles when he plays a lot).  All the while playing one of the more ridiculous schedules in recent memory.  A great team would be able to overcome that, but the Canucks aren't/weren't expected to be a great team.

17 minutes ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

@Zhukini so you feel we just aren't that good a team as of yet? Not enough overall talent or good enough players? We started well and things looked promising so how all of a sudden has this team dropped off the map?

The start of the year is the most misleading time, the good teams don’t take it as seriously and the bad ones go try hard and then burn out when other teams turn it on.

There isn’t enough skill on the roster by a long shot, they’ve got a bunch of placeholders even when healthy 

8 minutes ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

@Wilbur it is now 8 losses in a row! Enough is enough! Teams that usually drop 8 in a row act buy firing the coach, etc. Something needs to be done. @Zhukini yes we have always it seems started well in the beginning and then the team takes its annual nosedive in the standings

You should share a juice box with @FedorFedorov at recess.  I bet you would hit it off.

Archived