The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Vampires Strike Again

Kevin Biestra

so none of you watched the video from beginning to end? pickle boy vlasic deserved the itty bitty bite  that Roussell  gave him. keep an eye on where  pickle boys  hand was and his  other hand grabbing Roussell"s ear.  always two sides to every story, but players safety never thinks about  that. also Burrows  did his job   perfectly.  he was well loved by the canuck fans, 

52 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Just when we were wiping the stench of Kesler and Burrows antics we get Roussell.  Great......

So you rather this team play with no emotion and keep losing? At least Roussel provides entertainment and drama.

12 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Unlike some losers on here, I am in full support of Roussel. Screw Vlasic and the sharts. Roussel was being restrained by the refs and he was having his face rubbed and ear pulled. Vlasic got what he deserved.

Yep, this was pretty similar to when Burrows has his arms trapped and on about the third time he was suffering from an ad hoc glove tonsillectomy, he finally bit down to get the hand out of his mouth.

I was far more angry when he dumped a puck into center ice, inside the blueline, instead of clearing the zone, with less than 3 minutes remaining, looking to get EP an empty net goal but which resulted instead in a goal against, leading to the collapse of a 3-1 lead and first loss (4-3 in OT to Buffalo) in this current losing streak.

But like I said at the time, eveyone makes mistakes in the heat of a game, so I'm not willing to overplay that and rip into the player.

Last night

Roussel got jobbed by the refs in the first period.

He came closest to scoring a goal for this team - ringing the post (which seems to be the signature of this young season).

He had 0 ozone starts last night but finished with a 52.9% corsi.

Threw a couple hits.

Tried to dance with Vlasic but the linesmen stepped in - and Vlasic took liberties himself - Roussel resorted to the one option he had lol.

Anyhow, I could not care less about the 'image' of the team.  Who gives a fk what people think of this team?

And the whole - 'we were just cleaning up our act' thing is naive - if you believe the NHL officials fraternity was about to change the way they manage games, dream on.

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I was far more angry when he dumped a puck into center ice, inside the blueline, instead of clearing the zone, with less than 3 minutes remaining, looking to get EP an empty net goal but which resulted instead in a goal against, leading to the collapse of a 3-1 lead and first loss (4-3 in OT to Buffalo) in this current losing streak.

But like I said at the time, eveyone makes mistakes in the heat of a game, so I'm not willing to overplay that and rip into the player.

Last night

Roussel got jobbed by the refs in the first period.

He came closest to scoring a goal for this team - ringing the post (which seems to be the signature of this young season).

He had 0 ozone starts last night but finished with a 52.9% corsi.

Threw a couple hits.

Tried to dance with Vlasic but the linesmen stepped in - and Vlasic took liberties himself - Roussel resorted to the one option he had lol.

Anyhow, I could not care less about the 'image' of the team.  Who gives a fk what people think of this team?

And the whole - 'we were just cleaning up our act' thing is naive - if you believe the NHL officials fraternity was about to change the way they manage games, dream on.

Cmon we both no this is not true.

11 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Cmon we both no this is not true.

No, it is true.

Would I rather this team be composed of Guds and Dorsetts?  Yes.

Is that a matter of caring what people think?  No.

It's a matter of self-respect, composure, etc - not image or perception.

Roussel wasn't my favorite signing, but I could not care less how people perceive him - and my personal identity is in no way effected by his actions/behaviour.

I don't give a fk what Toronto, or Calgary, or Boston - or anyone else - think of this team.

Will we win more or less as a result of Roussel?  The jury is still out.

Archived