The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Penalties

Mackcanuck

30 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

It’s because we arent particularly a great forechecking team.

we chase the play and are always left in our own zone and we take stupid penalties.

This is also the reason why we’re injured so much, too much spent in our own zone 

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

It’s because we arent particularly a great forechecking team.

we chase the play and are always left in our own zone and we take stupid penalties.

When we were 10-6-2 it was our forecheck and speed everyone was praising. 

46 minutes ago, Whaleroad Train said:

I know this earns me membership into the tin hat brigade - but just look at which team is on the bottom of the list and is thus the leagues favourites.

Um, the league is supposed to be against Canadian teams. You know, helping the American market.

As I look at that list, I see teams that often retain possession near the bottom, and teams that chase up top.

It's as though controlling the game means other teams wind up taking penalties against you because... well... you're controlling the game.

Maybe we should try that. Hold onto the puck, instead of throwing it at the other D-man and saying "ok, your turn".

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Leading the league in stick infractions it looks like. Specifically slashing and high sticks. Bad discipline with the sticks.

To me it's the result of chasing the play far more than controlling it. We get bottled up in our own end far more than controlling play at the other end. High sticking coming from trying to lift a players stick and missing. Slashing coming from trying to knock the puck off a players stick from too far back. Both penalties are typically the result of desperately going after a players stick  and getting the player instead.

I mentioned earlier in the season the number of high sticking penalties we're getting is a concern. I didn't realize our slashing penalities were so bad as well.

I refuse to believe we are this bad in penalties.  Absolutely don't believe this. 

A team that lacks this much grit, or toughness, is the most penalized team in league. ? this can't be happening.

Lets look at this road trip, 3 crucial games, against Pacific division rivals that are based out of Caii, which is a huge market for the NHL.

game 1  power plays Van 2, Ducks 4.  

game 2 power plays van 3 sharks 6

game 3, pwerplays van 2 Kings 4

We are talking the L.A Kings, here, Anaheim ducks, and the Sharks.  I refuse to believe we will have more penalties then these clowns.  

during this 3 game road trip, we only get 7 total power plays during. 3 f ing game road trip, to the opponent 14?  &^@# this NHL we are not stupid.

Los Angeles ranked 25?

Toronto? you &^@#ing kidding me? least penalized team?

Chicago? LOL you can't make this $&!# up, 27????!!!

San Jose 21?  Anyone here smell horse $&!#?  omg.

Lets look at this game, Vancouver takes a penalty after a goal, and we happened to also take a penalty when we are trying to defend a league?  Jim Benning needs some air time with the NHL about this.  This is bull $&!#.

Archived