The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] 3 way: Tor X Jackets Tor X Sharks

duc_evo

2 minutes ago, duc_evo said:

Toronto: Artemi Panarin      Columbus: Nylander + D-Prospect

Toronto: Erik Karlsson + Ryan Merkley   San Jose: Artemi Panarin + Jake Gardiner

Sounds good to me. 

If you are a Toronto fan, it sounds great.  Nylander is not worth EK, and that’s how this shakes out.  Panarin is a far better player than Nylander too.  

I see a trade more like Nylander for an experienced 5/6 Dman.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If you are a Toronto fan, it sounds great.  Nylander is not worth EK, and that’s how this shakes out.  Panarin is a far better player than Nylander too.  

I see a trade more like Nylander for an experienced 5/6 Dman.  

I hate the leafs actually. Their media is the worst!

Just now, duc_evo said:

I hate the leafs actually. Their media is the worst!

I hate them too, and hope there isn’t a GM foolish enough to trade for the Fop Nylander.  He’s a pretty boy, who is not interested in playing the right way.  A super soft 60 Point winger is not worth much.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I hate them too, and hope there isn’t a GM foolish enough to trade for the Fop Nylander.  He’s a pretty boy, who is not interested in playing the right way.  A super soft 60 Point winger is not worth much.  

"Soft" What is this? Canadian toughness crap? 

2 minutes ago, duc_evo said:

"Soft" What is this? Canadian toughness crap? 

Got nothing to do with Canadian.  Don’t care for Nylander’s total lack of commitment to playing the right way.  He is far too concerned with not ruffling his feathers.  He could play an entire game with fresh eggs in his pockets, and not break one.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Got nothing to do with Canadian.  Don’t care for Nylander’s total lack of commitment to playing the right way.  He is far too concerned with not ruffling his feathers.  He could play an entire game with fresh eggs in his pockets, and not break one.  

You know, I can't fault you for your opinion! I'd rather have my players have longevity and play for a long time, rather than banging. 

Just now, duc_evo said:

You know, I can't fault you for your opinion! I'd rather have my players have longevity and play for a long time, rather than banging. 

I’m not talking about banging.  I prefer players who play the game the right way.  That’s not shying away from contact, playing hard on pucks, standing up for your teammates, and blocking shots when needed.  Nylander plays soft.  If he was Gretzky or Lemieux okay, but he’s a 60 Point winger.  I can’t think of a softer player than him.  

I can see Nylander for Subban before I see this scenario playing out, especially as it's looking like Karlsson is finding synergy with SJ after the quarter mark of the season, which makes them deadly with Burns for one anchor on the PP and Karlsson the other.  Nylander for PK Subban, and maybe throw in Kapanen for another defensive prospect and you'd basically have salary demands met, as well as an upgrade for both teams in a position of need.  But that's just my opinion, flame away.

14 minutes ago, Solinar said:

I can see Nylander for Subban before I see this scenario playing out, especially as it's looking like Karlsson is finding synergy with SJ after the quarter mark of the season, which makes them deadly with Burns for one anchor on the PP and Karlsson the other.  Nylander for PK Subban, and maybe throw in Kapanen for another defensive prospect and you'd basically have salary demands met, as well as an upgrade for both teams in a position of need.  But that's just my opinion, flame away.

They won't move Kapanen. 

I'd do Nylander + B Rated prospect for Subban, considering Nashville is pretty deep in defense, adding another forward that can play with their line up already would definitely put them over the top for offense which they needed in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Solinar said:

Poile and Laviolette ridiculed those who believed that Nashville is interested in moving Subban - there was some rumour towards the end of the season.  Poile insists that his priority is to keep all 4.  Laviolette's system is built around the 4 of them.  They are the top team in the league and are considered serious contenders.  A move is really unnecessary.

The players also told Poile that they did not want changes because they felt they had a really special group - he said him and Laviolette agrees and will oblige.  Their group is very tight and want to stay together for a while - Rinne and Ellis even took pay cuts and Josi implied he'll do the same.  

A few years ago Poile explained that he made too many moves trying to bring upgrades and it messed up the good things they had going.  He says he has learned over the years that chemistry on and off the ice is one of the hardest things to find.

3 hours ago, Solinar said:

Nylander for PK?  :lol:

First, TO can’t afford PK.

second, Dorian is in Ottawa.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

How d'ya get Nylander into the corners?

Throw a comb in there.

For cap reasons alone I don't see it happeneing. Karlsson's contract will be in the neighborhood of 10mil. Give or take. They need a top 4 d-man, preferably right hand. For sure. But that guy doesn't need to be elite. Rielly is coming into his own as that guy. So they don't need to hit a home run with Nylander.

This is why guys like Pesce work. Young. 6'3, 200 pounds, good for 20ish points, right handed, good defensively, and best of all could be had for relatively cheap. A good solid stabilizing D-man to help take some pressure of Hainsey. 

I mean talk about going all in for one year. Both seem highly unlikely scenarios. I can’t see Toronto giving up Nylander for somebody they’d have for just this year in Panarin. Also I can’t see San Jose a team rolling along 1rst in the Pacific making a huge deal like this sending out a guy they got months ago. Toronto would likely target players similarly aged dmen that they’ll be able to keep or somebody with term on a good contract with prospects and or a pick along with that player.

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] 3 way: Tor X Jackets Tor X Sharks

Archived