The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | November/December (25-01) 2018

This is pretty cool

What a night for @PatrikLaine29 and Christopher Haley of Winnipeg.

A 5 goal game means a Million Dollar prize, plus $100,000 for the 4th goal & $1,000 in Gift Cards for the 3rd goal.

We have been in contact with Christopher this evening.

Congratulations from Sobeys Safeway!

Hitch asked the Oilers to recall Puljujarvi - he wants to be the one developing him and thinks his upside is very high. Sees him making his way to the top-6 by a month.  For now starting on the 4th vs the Kings.

Quick should be back fairly soon per WD.  Hagelin is week to week with a sprained MCL. 

5-2 for the Kings and hat-trick for Brown.

Puljujarvi (7:43) will be developed by Hitch who expects big things from him but he has to earn his minutes.   Sounds like a positive development for him.  

Rattie (only 3:32) looks like he hasn't left Hitch's dog house from their St-Louis days.  Just when it looked like he was finally going to get his career back on track.   Might end up being a waiver claim.

Kovalchuk with 6:20 of ice time on the 4th line.  He wanted to play for a team that could win.  He has a 3 year contract at a cap hit of 6.25M and it's an over 35+ contract - i.e. even if they buy him out or he returns home the full cap hit stays on their books.  

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I'd rather LA rise in the standings but not enough to make the playoffs. 

I'd be pretty upset if LA ends up winning the Jack Hughes lottery.

They can have Jack.  He’s BY FAR the lesser of the two Hughes brothers.  Oilers suck!  It’s funny how sucky the Oilers are.  :frantic:

8 hours ago, mll said:

Kovalchuk with 6:20 of ice time on the 4th line.  He wanted to play for a team that could win.  He has a 3 year contract at a cap hit of 6.25M and it's an over 35+ contract - i.e. even if they buy him out or he returns home the full cap hit stays on their books.  

Ilya Kovalchuk had 10 points in 11 games when head coach John Stevens was replaced by Willie Desjardins.

He has 3 points in 10 games since, all in Desjardins’ first game.

Archived