The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Tryamkin Trade Talk

Trading Tryamkin?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t you think his wife wanted to go home?  Maybe Washington would be easier on her, with the Russian connection!  Although, we do have Goldy now, and he’s Tryamkin’s age.  Is Goldy married?  The two wives could support each other.

If the wife's desires trump career ambitions then so be it. It kinda goes back to the Gaunce thread about how much he desires the win. Green and Benning have to decide where these players will be in 3 years and whether they are a fit for the type of team they want. They are dealing with these players on a professional but also personal level. IMHo we have to trust their ability to make a judgement. They weigh what they know about Tryamkin against what they can possibly get for him. One should question what Green knows about Tryamkin other than scouting reports and video.

Tryamkin has not demonstrated commitment to Vancouver to date. That in itself is a huge red flag to me.  

Of course not.  Why now?  Unless he specifically said he would refuse to play for the Canucks.  We would not get his value.  It doesn't help that he is also perceived as a whiner, and a Russian whiner at that. There was friction with Willy, and by the looks of it, being stripped of the C on his Russian team, he seems to have a penchant at disturbing the apple cart. He is still not proven as a consistent NHL player. Other GMs would be taking a bit of a risk,  Will his new wife like the new city better or worse than Vancouver?

That said, I love the guy. I'm just saying what other GMs may be thinking, and will use in any negotiations.  I think he'd fit a piece to our puzzle that we sorely lack. I would have hope that he, and his wife, would eventually find friends learn some English, and settle in Vancouver and feel more comfortable here.  Even with the whiff of weed drifting through the air.

1 minute ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Who cares WHY he went back now, he wasn't under contract, he was free to do whatever he wanted for whatever reason, who knows maybe he went back to learn english better so he could understand what he didn't before.

Groot already knows Goldy.

I think the BIG GUY put his wife first, especially when the money he’s making in Russia is as good as here.  I bet that year here was terrible for her.

MDZ and Pouliot likely gone by end of year. We could really use Tryamkin on our team. I hope he comes back after his KHL deal. It was awesome to see him manhandle other players. 

He didnt come in to training camp in shape, that was his own fault. To be a pro you need to be 110% committed. That said, when he got into the lineup he played well enough to gain more minutes as the year went on. We just had a coach who didnt want to give him that opportunity. Same coach that gave Megna and Chaput lots of ice time. Where are they since the WD days...playing in the A where they belong.

Hope JB tries extra hard to bring him back to us for 1 more kick at the can. Goldy has turned things around here since first arriving. Maybe that will show him its worth a chance to us and new coach Green?

• -SN- changed the title to [Speculation] Whispers of Tryamkin Trade Talk.
  • -SN- unlocked this topic
1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

Keep the big guy. His rights likely aren’t worth a lot. At that point why move him? I’d rather just keep him and hope he comes back.

Kinda makes sense to keep him especially if his KHL team goes on to win a championship. Increases his value. I think Van keeps his rights until the end of next year. 

IMHO the KHL is no place to develop a NHL level d-man, that is the down side. If he plays out his KHL contract and wants to come back to Vancouver in the 2020-21 season then how does that mesh with the Canuck development time line.  He will be 28 by that time. How long does it take for him to get up to speed in the NHL, especially on a team that should be on the cusp of playoff contention. 

It is an interesting weighing of options. AT the end of the day it might be more about what is coming back in a deal and how well that piece fits with the Benning vision. I still think Tryamkin has fascinating  potential but might want to move him if he does not commit to returning next year. 

He was a rookie that came in in bad shape but wouldn’t even allow a conditioning stint and then after getting the kid glove treatment he bolted.

He has some great physical tools and potential. Really showed flashes at times but was a rookie and made mistakes. 

I mean there is something there but also a lot of red flags. If we get something decent for him you entertain the idea. Seems reasonable. 

if you sashay over to the Tryamkin thread you would know Nik made as much in Russia as he was offered here due to the taxation difference. And there are many reasons to not trade him, mainly the poor return and we own his ass indefinitely. 

this thread is redundant. 

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Rumours only so far,

Why on earth would this management group want to trade any 24 yr old defenceman?

To make OJ look better? Eliminate the competition?

Much is made of his return to Russia to play, why is it a big deal?

He, like the Sedins, honored and played out his contract, so neither owed the other anything.

Was his play, as a rookie, worse than Pouliot or DZ? Or even Gudbranson for that matter.

In his limited ice time and role he did what was asked of him, he killed penalties, shut down McDavid, had more hits than anyone else, had more fights than anyone else, stepped in to protect team mates more than anyone else and did this with a coach that didn't like him.

Is this team so good that they can give away top level defensive prospects that can play in the NHL out of the box?

This team can convert one or two current veteran defence men for top prospects/picks to speed up the rebuild, how can trading away a proven prospect be helping that rebuild. Having him is like planning, okay, one of the top four spots are done.

It is Grey Cup Sunday - I’ve started into the pops already as well buddy.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Keep the big guy. His rights likely aren’t worth a lot. At that point why move him? I’d rather just keep him and hope he comes back.

Agree, he a long shot to come back and his trade value is minimal because of this.  They're better served hanging onto his rights like a lottery ticket.  Maybe they win.

No idea what we would get for him, but...our D depth is only just now starting to round out. We still have a need for him. I think it really helps that Goldobin is becoming more valuable here; it gives Groot someone to relate to here. A defense, call it for the 20-21 season:

Hughes - Tanev

Joulevi - Tryamkin

Hutton - Brisebois

Rathbone - Chatfield

doesn't look too bad at all

Archived