The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] What would it take for you to give Provorov to vancouver, if you were Philly GM?

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] What would it take for you to give Provorov to vancouver, if you were Philly GM?
55 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Self explanatory.

I'd imagine a 1st round + Tanev would swing the deal, but thats just me. 

That is a horrendous deal for Philly. They get a huge downgrade on their d-man, and only get a 1st for it. 

Boeser Juolevi is where the conversation starts

Right now they would ask for Boeser or maybe even Hughes, so it's a non starter.

That said, I guess it's a matter of what they plan to do with him.

He's on an expiring ELC deal, and if he's looking for 7-8mil+ a year and they don't think he's worth that, they would be better off trading him now versus trading his rights later.

Offering something like Edler (UFA) + Lind + 2nd (2019) for Provorov's rights might be possible down the road IMO, but there will most likely be better offers out there.

Edit: Just to clarify, I say Edler because he plays LD and can play the same minutes as Provorov, but for a cheaper price.

2 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Self explanatory.

Not a chance our 1st round and Tanev gets us Provorov unless that pick is top 3. And even then....why would Philly trade their 21 year old #1 dman?

They don't. No teams trade their #1 21 year old dmen.

Gaunce, Biega, Gagner and a 6th

(but seriously)

I would imagine the price would be high. 

Juolevi or Tanev and a 1st?

No way I'd do that deal. Would be very unlucky to trade away the 1st and then find out we get the 1st for once - at the Draft in VAN. Uggh. Hang on to that 1st for dear life.

IF the Canucks get the 1st and draft Jack Hughes, then maybe a trade could happen. (eg. Tanev, the rights to Tryamkin and a 2nd) I don't imagine PHI wants a C.

Provorov - Q. Hughes

Juolevi - Gudbranson

Hutton - Woo

Stecher

6 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Self explanatory.

Botchford was leading the trade Tanev movement last season.  He recently did a AMA on Reddit and revealed that the Canucks showed him the best offers they got for Tanev.  I am guessing they were fed up about how that kept being a distraction.  He completely changed his opinion because Tanev does not have the kind of trade value he thought he did.  They were offered B prospects, 4th line grinders and even asked that the Canucks retain salary.  

Provorov is still so young and seen as one of their veteran Ds and they have him under control for so long.  They are competitive now with Giroux, Couturier, Voracek etc but desperately need to fix their goal tending.  They are missing someone reliable to bridge them to Carter Hart.  Trading Provorov just doesn't make any sense for Philadelphia.

23 minutes ago, mll said:

Provorov is still so young and seen as one of their veteran Ds and they have him under control for so long.  They are competitive now with Giroux, Couturier, Voracek etc but desperately need to fix their goal tending.  They are missing someone reliable to bridge them to Carter Hart.  Trading Provorov just doesn't make any sense for Philadelphia.

+1

5 hours ago, mll said:

Botchford was leading the trade Tanev movement last season.  He recently did a AMA on Reddit and revealed that the Canucks showed him the best offers they got for Tanev.  I am guessing they were fed up about how that kept being a distraction.  He completely changed his opinion because Tanev does not have the kind of trade value he thought he did.  They were offered B prospects, 4th line grinders and even asked that the Canucks retain salary.  

Flyers suck eggs, and Proverov is bad.  Don’t get why posters like this guy?  He’s a one way player.  Should be playing forward.  I like Simmonds.  

7 hours ago, mll said:

The fact he needed them to show him trade offers speaks to his intelligence. The were a good many of us here that knew between his lack of offense and rotating door of injuries he wasn't getting anything of value.

Archived