The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flyers fire GM Ron Hextall

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t know about that.  I watched ?Schneider his last game, and he was terrible.  He might be waiver wire fodder soon. 

just my personal preference, I think with the right goalie coach Schneid's can find his game again. 

Turns out that much like Pimpin, rebuilding ain't easy.

When he came in he preached patience and building from within.  My first thought was that won't work in Philly.

Good lesson for us that a rebuild won't work if you don't get goaltending.

Question is was it him signing JVR or Holmgren.  Seems if your rebuilding it is never a great idea to spend a ton of money on an aging winger, who would of thought that.  Call it the Erikkson rule. 

52 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Elliot is 6-7-0 despite a .911 save%

Pickard is 4-2-2 and only has bad stats because of the game against Toronto.

They're both b-rate goaltenders at best... Their records appear to be okay, only because of a stacked offensive and all be it young stud defence.  Scoring is down for Philly this year so far but should increase as season goes along.  

You taking notes Edmonton?

I don't follow Philly that much but it seems they wasted the prime years of Giroux and Vorachek by not addressing the goaltending, again are you taking notes Edmonton?  That or he got canned for picking Patrick over EP40:bigblush:   

Surprised, Hextall was a lifer in Philly, spending practically his entire NHL career there, and then working as upper brass. Then again, Philly probably hasn't had a great goalie since Hextall wore the pads for them. Maybe enough was enough. They have the talent up front and on D, but without good goaltending...

to PHI - Demko and Hutton

to VAN - Provorov

(I have a feeling DiPietro will end up being the better goalie)

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Surprised, Hextall was a lifer in Philly, spending practically his entire NHL career there, and then working as upper brass. Then again, Philly probably hasn't had a great goalie since Hextall wore the pads for them. Maybe enough was enough. They have the talent up front and on D, but without good goaltending...

to PHI - Demko and Hutton

to VAN - Provorov

(I have a feeling DiPietro will end up being the better goalie)

Carter Hart is their goalie of the future.  Provorov is their 21 year old D1.  

1 minute ago, mll said:

Carter Hart is their goalie of the future.  Provorov is their 21 year old D1.

Aww darn, forgot about Hart, well, Philly's actually in good shape. Not sure why Hextall was fired, maybe they just wanted to change things up.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I don’t know about that.  I watched ?Schneider his last game, and he was terrible.  He might be waiver wire fodder soon. 

He just returned from a serious injury and surgery from last season.  I think he could still be a good goalie once he's returned to regular play, but at 6m for 4 more years, he would have to prove himself all over again.

Archived