The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who finishes with more points?

dm_ranger

Bo Vs Pettersson  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First attempt at a Poll so any mistakes with the tags is purely accidental.

Looking at the season stats I'm wondering who will finish with more points.  I think it will be close.

Bo has 22 in 26 games            EP has 21 in 20 games.

Reasons to vote EP:  

This kid is amazing, skills, vision, effort, IQ ... most exciting player in a long time, perhaps ever in a Canuck Jersey.  Only real question is whether he can maintain it all year or if other teams focus on him more.  Power Play should get better with Edler and soon Boeser back and we know he is going to get points there.

Reasons for Bo:

Do you dare put a ceiling on him?  As we get healthy again his minutes should decrease and his will have more energy to focus on offense as Beagle and Sutter return.  I don't see him slowing down, in fact the schedule should get easier for him.  Also key person in the PP so EP might not pull away in this areas as much.

Variable:  Virtanen and Boeser.  Where does Boeser slot in when he returns.  First thought is back to Pettersson -- hoping for more 4-5 points nights for each of them.  BUT, with Virtanen playing great with Pettersson does green keep Virtanen there and put Boeser back with Bo, which increases Bo's chances of increasing his offence.

11 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I think EP is closer to an PPG player than Horvat.  If Horvat is a .75 PPG player and gets 60 point, that is huge for him, and anything else is a bonus this year.  

I have to disagree with you there.  If Horvat played all year last year he gets 60 points.  He's developed more offensively every year gradually improving about 10 points per year.  If this early season is any indication of his progression from last year to this year, especially seeing as he has been able to produce with every linemate given to him in every role possible, he could definitely get to 70 points on the year.

On the Pettersson end he's been getting the shutdown lines for the last 8 games or so.  He's been under a ppg as probably expected there, and he could rebound with the return of Boeser.  I think Pettersson will get more points with Boeser in the lineup, so I see Horvat with 70 and Pettersson in the mid to high 70's at the end of the year.

I remember saying at the beginning of the year that I thought Pettersson and Horvat would battle out for first in scoring this year, and I still stand by that.  Noone is going to run away with that title.

1 hour ago, dm_ranger said:

First attempt at a Poll so any mistakes with the tags is purely accidental.

Looking at the season stats I'm wondering who will finish with more points.  I think it will be close.

Bo has 22 in 26 games            EP has 21 in 20 games.

Reasons to vote EP:  

This kid is amazing, skills, vision, effort, IQ ... most exciting player in a long time, perhaps ever in a Canuck Jersey.  Only real question is whether he can maintain it all year or if other teams focus on him more.  Power Play should get better with Edler and soon Boeser back and we know he is going to get points there.

Reasons for Bo:

Do you dare put a ceiling on him?  As we get healthy again his minutes should decrease and his will have more energy to focus on offense as Beagle and Sutter return.  I don't see him slowing down, in fact the schedule should get easier for him.  Also key person in the PP so EP might not pull away in this areas as much.

Variable:  Virtanen and Boeser.  Where does Boeser slot in when he returns.  First thought is back to Pettersson -- hoping for more 4-5 points nights for each of them.  BUT, with Virtanen playing great with Pettersson does green keep Virtanen there and put Boeser back with Bo, which increases Bo's chances of increasing his offence.

Two things about this point:

First is that Sutter's shoulder injury is pretty serious, so while Beagle should take some of the weight off Horvat, I'm not certain that Horvat's season will be quite as it was in the beginning (as pretty much an exclusive 'top 6' scoring line).   He might be forced into dual duty for quite some time.

Second, if the team were healthy at C - with both Sutter and Beagle returning - that also creates the conditions for EP's production to rise - so Horvat's role changing doesn't necessarily give him an edge over EP - it divides the opposition's ability to key on EP's line and it would not surprise me in the least if he experienced a real surge in production himself if the team actually had the four lines it started the season with.

I think EP will which says a lot about the kid.  Horvat just seems to get better and better, and manages fine no matter who he plays with.  Boeser will increase both their production no matter who he plays with, the power play will get a boost once he’s back.  EP has shown he makes players better when on his line...Boeser caught some fire once Green moved him there too.    Both guys look to be pushing 60plus points, only one of them could hit 70 though, and that’s our star rookie.  

Tough to not vote for E.P.  No slight at all against Bo but Elias basically has the higher offensive upside of the two with that elite shot, one-timer, passing, vision... 

Bo will do damage too but it just looks effortless for E.P. and with talent like that he'd probably rack up points.  Think of it this way, points-wise would you want P. Kane or Toews?   

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Tough to not vote for E.P.  No slight at all against Bo but Elias basically has the higher offensive upside of the two with that elite shot, one-timer, passing, vision... 

Bo will do damage too but it just looks effortless for E.P. and with talent like that he'd probably rack up points.  Think of it this way, points-wise would you want P. Kane or Toews?   

Don’t even think of comparing EP to Kane. 

EP is a lot more. 

28 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Play-style wise, which other duo would you think makes sense to compare them to?  Just making an illustration.

Accurate illustration IMO. 

They way Bo is utilized it would be hard for him to put up more points than EP, even if playing more minutes. 

Bo is slowly becoming a beast mode version of Manny M.

4 hours ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

So you agree Green is helping the Canucks players develop into NHLers. 

Suspicious-Ned-Flanders-Is-Joined-By-Actor-Leonardo-DiCaprio-and-Fry-From-Futurama-In-Extra-Suspicious-Meme.gif

Frack no. If anything green is slowing him down by having him play with the gutter rats he's forced to play with.... Is what the old Federov might have said. 

Archived