The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Emil Pettersson to Europe

ForzaTikare

Is Emil also a C, or can he play wing? His numbers don't look bad at all, but he's yet to get a chance in the NHL (at 24 years old). I don't think the cost would be too high, seeing as he's a former 6th round pick and if NSH doesn't consider him an NHL player (or they feel they have better prospects ahead of him). Absolutely I think this could be interesting, but only if he can play wing.

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

He's posted some very nice AHL numbers. If there's no space for him on the main team, then he can play in Utica for a bit before being called up. It would make an interesting dynamic.

Hmmm, Pettersson and Dahlen in Utica? ;)

And then eventually Pettersson and Dahlen in Vancouver. Maybe even an extra Pettersson to join them :)

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Is Emil also a C, or can he play wing? His numbers don't look bad at all, but he's yet to get a chance in the NHL (at 24 years old). I don't think the cost would be too high, seeing as he's a former 6th round pick and if NSH doesn't consider him an NHL player (or they feel they have better prospects ahead of him). Absolutely I think this could be interesting, but only if he can play wing.

Emil has always played C from what i know, maybe some games at a wing, dont know actually, but his numbers in Milwaukee makes me wonder what kind of depth the preds have with him not recording a single NHL Game, i can see him filling a bottom 6 role in Van quite easily.. 

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

These guys do not look related. Emil looks like he could be Elias' Dad, but he's only 4 years older  lol

Emil Pettersson hockey player photoElias Pettersson hockey player photo

As we would have said in Sweden:

"You'll never know what the milkman did" 

If you look at their frames You'll see the similarities thou, Emil is listed as 6'2" and 170lbs on Eliteprospects

I've been following Emil for a while. Don't think he has top-6 upside, but he should be a decent bottom-6 guy.

I'd say he's more NHL-ready then Adam Gaudette. So if the price is reasonable, I'd be game for adding him and sending Gaudette back to Utica to develop further. But he'd probably get squeezed out again once Sutter and Beagle are back.

Also, there may not be much more to this "rumour" other than thinking that if Emil can't crack the NHL by the end of this year, he will likely choose to come back to Europe. And that is probably true.

But as a center, it's pretty hard to get onto a team with Johansen, Turris, Bonino, Jarnkrok, and Sissons down the middle. If they had some injuries, maybe...but so far their Cs have been healthy. But moving to a team that would at least use him as an occasional call-up, and perhaps even get to play on the same team as his brother, might make him more inclined to stay, even if he's not a regular roster player.

28 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

These guys do not look related. Emil looks like he could be Elias' Dad, but he's only 4 years older  lol

Emil Pettersson hockey player photoElias Pettersson hockey player photo

I don't agree.

The facial structure, eyes, nose are quite related - as is the neck.  The differences are fewer - the hair colour and the fact Emil has his man-face / facial hair and defined chin.

10 minutes ago, oldnews said:

To Milwaukee

Cameron Darcy

To Utica

EP2

thats actually a good idea. 

I'd try Gaunce for EP2 and their 5th or extra 4th conditional on Gaunce getting called up to play more than 20 games or something like that. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats actually a good idea. 

I'd try Gaunce for EP2 and their 5th or extra 4th conditional on Gaunce getting called up to play more than 20 games or something like that. 

I'd pass on that.  Perhaps Archie or one of the other AHL vets - but not Gaunce.

Archived