The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Morgan Klimchuk for Andrew Nielsen

https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/news/leafs-acquie-klimchuk/c-302368174

The Toronto Maple Leafs announced today that the hockey club has acquired forward Morgan Klimchuk from the Calgary Flames in exchange for defenceman Andrew Nielsen.

Klimchuk, 23, has appeared in 16 games with the Stockton Heat (AHL) during the 2018-19 season and recorded three goals and five assists. He has appeared in one career NHL game, with Calgary, playing 7:25 in his NHL debut on February 19 vs. Boston. In 204 career AHL games, all with the Heat franchise, Klimchuk has registered 100 points (44 goals, 56 assists).

Klimchuk was originally selected by the Flames in the first round (28th overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft.

1 minute ago, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/news/leafs-acquie-klimchuk/c-302368174

The Toronto Maple Leafs announced today that the hockey club has acquired forward Morgan Klimchuk from the Calgary Flames in exchange for defenceman Andrew Nielsen.

Klimchuk, 23, has appeared in 16 games with the Stockton Heat (AHL) during the 2018-19 season and recorded three goals and five assists. He has appeared in one career NHL game, with Calgary, playing 7:25 in his NHL debut on February 19 vs. Boston. In 204 career AHL games, all with the Heat franchise, Klimchuk has registered 100 points (44 goals, 56 assists).

Klimchuk was originally selected by the Flames in the first round (28th overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft.

Jeez, I thought they had traded Anders Nielsen. Perhaps editing the thread title could be more helpful?

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

That was the Bo/Shinkaruk draft right? If I recall people weren't a fan of Calgary's picks that year. Guess we can see why.

This draft was overrated considerably. It had a lot of hype going into it. Some all but guaranteed it was going to be just as good as 2003. Well it wasn't. The back half of that 1st round ended up being below average.

I don't know if the Flames picks were all that bad given hindsight.

2 minutes ago, Toews said:

This draft was overrated considerably. It had a lot of hype going into it. Some all but guaranteed it was going to be just as good as 2003. Well it wasn't. The back half of that 1st round ended up being below average.

I remember hearing how it was a super deep draft at the time. Just goes to show how hard it is to get a good gauge of how good 17/18 year olds will be. 2014 was supposed to be the weak draft, looking very good so far. 

Two seasons ago this kid got 39 points in 74 games in his first full AHL season. He looked to be well on his way to a promising NHL career. 

The only thing I can see is a dramatic increase in penalty minutes which seems to indicate a tendency for bad penalties.

This is a guy I wanted. 

I don't like Calgary but for what they gave up to get, good on them for picking him up. Good upside here.

Just hope that upside doesn't happen against us.

7 hours ago, Toews said:

This redraft of it is terrible 

https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/redraft/2013/

Archived