The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] CAR Goalie Scott Darling, Valentin Zykov (CAR), Nikita Soshnikov (STL) and Ben Street (ANA)

Mackcanuck

I wonder how long Barschi  will be out, Zykov has some potential to be a power forward and a high hockey IQ if GMJB feels like taking a flyer on him. Currently this team seems very devoid of scoring left wingers.  

I wouldn't mind the Canucks putting in a claim for Zykov but I'm also a bit weary about it taking opportunities away from Jake in the top-6.  I would imagine that Zykov is a top-6 or bust type of player so while I wouldn't mind giving him a shot, I think it may be better for the Canucks to give Jake more of a look in a consistent top-6 role.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Did Benning start some sort of revolution among GMs? 

Dead weight begone!

It's a nice revolution.

It would be nicer if GMs didn't hand out those bad deadwood contracts in the first place though.

29 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Apparently Darling showed up to camp 30 pounds overweight..

Darling is an alcoholic who sobered up a few years ago and promptly lost 40lbs.  If this is true, that he came into camp last year that badly out of shape, I would suggest that getting demoted shouldn't be his biggest concern right now.  

26 minutes ago, ohmy said:

We should 100% take a claim on Zykov if he makes it to us. Lead the AHL in goals last year. Free prospect, big guy, and good upside to his game.

LA, St Louis, Philadelphia, Ottawa, Chicago and then Canucks.

Archived