The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Wilson at it Again

Bad hit, non suspend-able. It was interference but a clean hit if he had the puck, but he didn't it was interference and a dirty enough play the ref ejected him. Plenty of players have been ejected without  suspensions, and this should fall in that category.

6 hours ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

If Tom Wilson does this to a Canuck. Does he even get a penalty? Same as the Reaves hit. Figure your crap out NHL. 

Even worse what if Wilson WAS a Canuck and did this to another player...let me guess...a 60 game suspension with hard labour..?

He barely touched him. This is what happens when you let people who are not physically strong enough to be in the NHL. I bet you he is 165lbs max. "LW | 5' 9" | 156 lb | Age: 22 | New Jersey Devils" 156lbs.. Shouldn't be in the NHL at that weight.

Just as I thought - nothing.

It was just incidental contact. When you're as big and solid on your skates as Wilson, and the other guy as small as Seney, this can happen. Just because it is Wilson doesn't mean that he has to essentially stop playing hard because a smaller guy may get hurt. He's just has to start taking necessary precautions, which he did here (changed direction to go around the player, but he backed right into his lane).

You can't suspend guys for doing the same thing as any other player, but point the finger at them for being bigger and stronger. Should Tryamkin have been suspended for breaking Brad Richardson's leg?

Archived