16 minutes ago, Solinar said:

Alex Edler 50%...………………...rest of this year

Chris Tanev 50%...……………..rest of this year and next

Sandin

+

2019 First

+

2020 2nd

Adding a pairing is more valuable than just a d-man, and one with synergy and shut down capabilities.

Changed it a little...…….Leafs would love it, but after tonite, I don't think that is happening

1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

To Toronto:

D Chris Tanev

To Vancouver:

RW Kasperi Kapanen

D Timothy Liljegren/Toronto's 1st Round Draft Pick in 2019 

What do you think? Kapanen is a good, young fast top 6 forward. I imagine he'd probably have some chemistry with EP. 

Tanev has very limited trade value.  The Canucks showed Botchford the best offers they were receiving for Tanev.  B-prospects and late round picks.  Teams even asked the Canucks to retain salary.

2 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

To Toronto:

D Chris Tanev

To Vancouver:

RW Kasperi Kapanen

What do you think? Kapanen is a good, young fast top 6 forward. I imagine he'd probably have some chemistry with EP. 

Toronto laughs.

1 hour ago, mll said:

Tanev has very limited trade value.  The Canucks showed Botchford the best offers they were receiving for Tanev.  B-prospects and late round picks.  Teams even asked the Canucks to retain salary.

Who said that?  Botch is Vancouvers #1 ego

6 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

To Toronto:

D Chris Tanev

To Vancouver:

RW Kasperi Kapanen

I think if it was 4 years ago, Tanev MIGHT have fetched that type of return.  But today, with his injury history, not a chance in hell.

13 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

To Toronto:

D Chris Tanev

To Vancouver:

RW Kasperi Kapanen

Finally a realistic proposal.  The Leafs are in a win now mode.  With their coming cap crunch, their window will slam shut in one or two seasons.  I like Kapanen and their first (2019) but they can keep Littleman.  He’s a bustaroo.

Toronto will gladly trade away their first overall picks for the next two years if they can get good veteran dmen with playoff experience. Detroit did this for 20 years, traded away over half their 1rst rounders.

TO aren't dumb their 1rst's would be in the very high twenties to maybe even thirties and not help them for years. Their "core" will be set for another 7+ years. That gives them over 50 picks to find 3rd/4th liners and stealth dmen. Look at the Canucks who would have made the team from the 2009/10/11 teams which 1rst rounders? Who did they miss in the late 20's that all the GM's missed?

For the Canucks though the team should aim for lottery pick 1rsts, for 2019 would be hard except for a couple of teams, 2020 easier than 2019 only because the 2019 playoff teams will be close to set by the TDL.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  There is no way the Canucks make that trade.  

If they offered Kapanen for Tanev straight up and Benning said no I'd be pretty upset. Lol. Tanev has got to be the most overrated player in Canucks history. Kapanen almost has more points this season than Tanev has his last 2 seasons combined. That's while being a defensive stalwart. Imagine Jannick Hansen except he can actually score. Tanev is barely good for 50 games at this point. Toronto wouldn't send you Kapanen for Tanev and a 2nd rounder.

16 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

To Toronto:

D Chris Tanev

To Vancouver:

RW Kasperi Kapanen

I would support this if Toronto would consider it. Now that willie signed maybe they will trade another winger to get D. Who knows. The old "Tanev" is too injury prone thing would come out again though.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

If they offered Kapanen for Tanev straight up and Benning said no I'd be pretty upset. Lol. Tanev has got to be the most overrated player in Canucks history. Kapanen almost has more points this season than Tanev has his last 2 seasons combined. That's while being a defensive stalwart. Imagine Jannick Hansen except he can actually score. Tanev is barely good for 50 games at this point. Toronto wouldn't send you Kapanen for Tanev and a 2nd rounder.

Unfortunately you are probably right.

Tanev is a warrior and has playoff experience.  He would be a perfect compliment to Reilly.  He would strengthen their d corps for a run at the cup.  He is not worth what he was 2-3 years ago obviously though.  If Benning could get Kapanen, that would be a great trade for us.  I think their 1st would be more likely though.  Either would be worth doing at the deadline.  

Archived