The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stop the complaining and support your team

Alcholic9000

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

When this team gets a backbone I will start spending time watching them again.

Until then, YouTube and TSN highlights of EP doing his thing are saving me all sorts of time that was spent on the couch faithfully watching this team since the Bure days. Before then, it was my dad’s couch and TV. 

Most productive winter I've had in years. I read the GDT for my Canucks gossip fix. That’s enough. The WJHC will be my SCF this year. Rather watch that than EP get raped on live TV again. 

What about all the BS about the summers FA's being brought in to provide some backbone for the younger kids...

Yah right.... Straight up BS sold to Canuck fans once again....

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

What about all the BS about the summers FA's being brought in to provide some backbone for the younger kids...

Yah right.... Straight up BS sold to Canuck fans once again....

It’s now nailed to the apologist cross, right beside yesteryears’ Gagme and Delzaster being touted by management as a fix for the PP. 

Before that it was something else, and so on.

The Accidental Tank Era. 

All smiles from me, just none for the sales of it being something it’s not. 

5 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

It’s now nailed to the apologist cross, right beside yesteryears’ Gagme and Delzaster being touted by management as a fix for the PP. 

Before that it was something else, and so on.

The Accidental Tank Era. 

All smiles from me, just none for the sales of it being something it’s not. 

Yup, Canuck managerment recruiting players from NHL retirement homes and then giving overpaying them all with retirement contracts..... 

Wow really.     What was the point ?   Rather see a young lean and hungry team with players going all out trying to land their next contract...

Instead we have old players signed to long term deals that just put in their time trying not to get hurt.....  Never worried about being moved ( they can't as who would want them.... )  and mostly they are worried about what upscale restaurant in Yaletown they will hit up tonight.....

8 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

This type of attitude is just going to drive people away. If I'm a frustrated fan, and I see someone saying "love it or leave it" to me, that might just be the push I need to &^@# off for good.

$&!#ting on someone every time they want to vent isn't the best way to keep that person sticking around.

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

7 hours ago, Alcholic9000 said:

We are either in the middle or tail end of a rebuild, every analyst had is ranked near the bottom in every field.  Now that we are losing its all fire this person trade that one.  What is trading mdz gonna get us?  We have maybe 1-2 defence that would make it on a contending team.  Relax. 

I'm personally happy with where we are, we are seeing growth from a lot of our future core, also while we are not winning the effort on most nights seems there.  This is a year to allow mistakes, I am not wanting the team to tank and lose for the sake of losing, but I am completely ok with young players making young player mistakes and our swiss chesse defence (most of which will not be here when we finally come out of rebuild) make terrible plays that cost us the game. 

What I don't want to see happen is for the fans to demand change, stop going games etc.  This is when the aqua brothers start demanding drastic changes and we screw up what is starting to look like a good foundation for instant mediocre results.  

So support the team, buy the $&!#, enjoy all the excuses to drink more in frustration, but don't be a child demanding instant results.  

Sorry for morning drunk rant 

Go Canucks Go

Go Canucks Go!

True fans of this franchise can see the progress, recognizing that the similarities are there to the early Linden/Bure team, The WCE just before it was the WCE and the Twins era before they flourished. 

It is where this team is at, it’s getting better, but not enough, not fast enough, not this enough, not that enough. WTF cares about the group of fans that have never understood that good teams have to lose until they figure out to win. 

I wonder if these ‘fans’ understood that Chicago sucked for 10 years before becoming a powerhouse, look at Buffalo, they have been as bad as Edmonton now they are on a ten game winning streak. Etcetcetc. 

See the light, it’s not an oncoming train. 

Who here will stop watching hockey (for good this time), if these men getting paid millions of dollars by billionaires to play a children's game strike or get locked out again?  This is starting to get talked about again in a few circles.  We are a bit less than two years from NHLPA opt out, and less than a year out from the NHL opt out date.

7 minutes ago, xereau said:

Who here will stop watching hockey (for good this time), if these men getting paid millions of dollars by billionaires to play a children's game strike or get locked out again?  This is starting to get talked about again in a few circles.  We are a bit less than two years from NHLPA opt out, and less than a year out from the NHL opt out date.

Stop watching hockey?  Naw.  Likely the last CBA Bettman is going to be able to screw up with one of his tantrums.  We're pretty close to getting this disgrace to the sport gone for good and hopefully putting an adult in charge who actually respects the integrity of the game.  Will just watch more WHL, NFL, and college football while Bettman spews his garbage.  My love for the sport has been resilient enough to survive this waste of oxygen making a mockery of it for 25 years.

2 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

I think their should be application process with heavy vetting to become a Canuck fan.

people with no reactional thoughts, or have mental health problems, drug or alcohol addictions, bad hygiene, can a only be considered as eligible.

Ouch..... 

I think in 2018 it's not even funny to poke fun of those. 

I have lost many friends from addiction, fought my own, I have PTSD and brain damage... 

I think we are vetting now because it's a community of other fans and they are looking for feedback or conversation.

One persons personal life shouldn't constitute whether they are a fan or not. 

As said we are all Canucks 

Let's not attack, lets have a laugh, live life full to the fullest, and come together as a group to support our boys in blue. That includes FedorFedorov. 

giphy (1).gif

3 hours ago, Nuck1991 said:

i have a man crush on puljujarvi. Oilers cant seem to help him find him game. He eventually will be traded. JB gotta get him from oiland

Hitch asked Chiarelli to recall him because he wants to develop him personally because his ceiling is so high.

51 minutes ago, xereau said:

Fair point. Like the last few times I come back but only as a non direct cash supporting fan meaning I don’t pay ridiculous admission to games and I don’t buy overpriced team gear 

I watch it on tv and if the team makes cash from that indirectly then so be it. 

The greed involved in pro spoerts has driven most sports out of the true sports fans price range so if they can all survive on tv rights and corporate money then more power to them but they are not getting any of my entertainment dollars. 

A true fan has every right to vent and it’s not because they hate the team it’s because they love the team and can’t stand seeing it lose 

that’s the definition of a fanatic 

following blindly and not questioning the direction and logic is also known as a “follower”

i prefer to be a fan 

6 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yup, Canuck managerment recruiting players from NHL retirement homes and then giving overpaying them all with retirement contracts..... 

Wow really.     What was the point ?   Rather see a young lean and hungry team with players going all out trying to land their next contract...

Instead we have old players signed to long term deals that just put in their time trying not to get hurt.....  Never worried about being moved ( they can't as who would want them.... )  and mostly they are worried about what upscale restaurant in Yaletown they will hit up tonight.....

Always funny seeing people like you criticizing management prove that you have no ****ing clue what you are talking about. I'd take your "criticisms" of management more seriously if it wasn't full of bull**** like this. But please, whine and cry more about things you are clearly ignorant about.

5 hours ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

Ouch..... 

I think in 2018 it's not even funny to poke fun of those. 

I have lost many friends from addiction, fought my own, I have PTSD and brain damage... 

I think we are vetting now because it's a community of other fans and they are looking for feedback or conversation.

One persons personal life shouldn't constitute whether they are a fan or not. 

As said we are all Canucks 

Let's not attack, lets have a laugh, live life full to the fullest, and come together as a group to support our boys in blue. That includes FedorFedorov. 

giphy (1).gif

I just want Canuck forum great again......by building walls of discrimination, hate and distrust....I believe every poster should be armed with an arsenal of hate for fellow posters. 

B97FCE9C-AA27-4F47-A61D-4E0059AD23F8.gif

One last high draft pick is all I want we are trending up and that's what counts .Trade everything at the TDL out with the old, maximum picks this draft. Should be looking at high end prospects from Tampa and Florida ,Pick up one or two of those . We are still 2 to 3 years out in my mind.

12 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

The point is they still have to ice a team, and aside from Gaudette (debatable) and EP nobody else is ready yet.  We are factually a lot younger then we were last year (Vanek and the Sedins gone) and one of the younger teams in the league now.  They do look hungry as a unit, nine one goals games in the last four weeks lost doesn’t exactly look like we are getting run out of town either.  As far as sitting back and letting their contracts run out, I think Benning made a statement that wouldn’t be tolerated when he waived Gagne, and LE should take notice that he’s unlikely to play out his entire contract once they are in a position to get rid of him (that is an obvious mistake signing).  I don’t think things are as bad as some think, in two more years if we are still like this than I will eat some crow, something tells me I won’t have too though.

Archived